This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
techie time! CARS THAT DON’T NEED YOU!

Google have run a fl eet of Toyota Prius driverless cars round California. It was all going well until one of them was rudely rear-ended by another of the futuristic fl eet! All’s well though as Google later explained that the offending car actually had a human behind the wheel at the time …how weird!

And here we have the BMW that does most of the work for you! To me it just looks like Nick off “The Apprentice” has gone crazy, started talking German and taken his hands off the wheel!


What a great way to stop thieves nicking your wheels! Basically Japanese engineers have developed a car that recognises whose bum is sitting in the driver’s seat and if it aint your’s then it’s a complete no-go! What happens if you shed three stones in a post-Christmas crash diet is anyone’s guess...

Apparently the system has a 98% success rate. Which just leaves a sorry 2% to walk home in the rain...


New car technology is pretty awesome! Your car will soon be able to have a quick look at the traffi c and think mmm we’re not going there today! (of course if every car has them it could get interesting). It will even take a quick look at the weather for you – so it’ll give you something to talk about together on the journey. And when you start up it will even turn off your house lights and whack on the radio station you were playing in the kitchen!

Might get a bit annoying after a while, a bit like having someone following you around who always knows best…


This is where it can really start to get dodgy – games for kids in the backseat with holograms, even touch screen games on their side windows. When does all the fl ashing and crashing start to put you off your driving?


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44