Talk for Writing across the Curriculum is a resource which shows teachers how to help children confi dently speak the language of non-fi ction before they attempt to write it using fun, multi- sensory activities. It helps build children’s linguistic ability so they are able to create their own writing. The resource contains:
• Fully worked examples of how to apply ‘Talk for Writing’ to each non-fi ction text type
• A wide range of fun, warm-up oral activities such as connective games, as well as text-based activities such as ‘boxing up’
• Guidance for teachers on how to apply the approach across the curriculum
• DVD of Pie Corbett‘s workshops
• Video footage of classes engaged in the ‘Talk for Writing’ approach
• Advice on how to use the DVD and handouts to train all staff in the approach
• Evidence of impact 035-LI01289
£ 39 .95
2 Talk For Writing Box Make imaginations run wild with this fun fi lled box of story-telling ideas. Developed with Pie Corbett this box of ideas mixes fantasy with reality and enters the weird and wonderful world of story telling. The box contains 35 games with photocopiable resources.
035-LI00472 £ 52 .95
3 Talk for Non-fi ction Writing Developing writing skills along with inventive and entertaining writing can seem daunting, but our Talk for Non-Fiction Writing Box pulls together all the technical aspects and then injects some creativity. Focused on non-fi ction themes, there are 35 activities which span from inventing machines to treasure hunts. Each card identifi es the technical skill required whether it be sentence structure, vocabulary or paragraphing and each card has a key focus on the type of non-fi ction writing that will be covered.