These teacher’s books support the Storyteller range of books and give teachers ideas for activities and games to engage children in their learning. The teacher books ensure both teachers and children are getting the most out of the Storyteller series. Each teacher book includes:
• Activities for reading, drama and writing including hot seating, ‘story behind the story’ and conscience alley.
• ‘About the story’ explains the origins of the story and where the author came across it showing that stories can come from anywhere!
• Hints given for each story on how to link to other subjects – great for engaging children in stories.
• Flowcharts break the story down into key component parts – providing the framework to the story.
• From telling to writing – how to move from reading a story to writing one.
035-LI01291 Age 4–7 035-LI01292 Age 7-9 035-LI01293 Age 9–11
£ 36 .95 £36 .95 £ 36 .95
2 Talk for Writing Cards Enable children to develop the language they will need for writing in a particular style with these activity cards. Each card contains a different question covering science, geography and history as well as trivia and logic. As well as a question, every card also has a particular writing skill focus to encourage children to think about the different aspects of vocabulary and punctuation they should use within their written language. The cards can be used in a small group or even as a whole class; to pose an enquiry question for a project, activity or extension task. 50 double-side cards, in a handy storage tin.