Section 48 Planning Act 2008 Regulation 4 Infrastructure Planning (Applications: Prescribed Forms and Procedure) Regulations 2009
East Anglia Three Offshore Windfarm Order Notice publicising a proposed application for a development consent order (DCO)
Notice is hereby given that East Anglia THREE Limited (the Applicant) of 3rd Floor, 1 Tudor Street, London EC4Y 0AH proposes to apply to the Planning Inspectorate (PINS), who will examine the application on behalf of the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, under section 37 of the Planning Act 2008 for the above-mentioned development consent order (the Application).
The Application relates to the construction and operation of an offshore wind generating station within the East Anglia Zone of the North Sea (the Project), which is 69km from the coast at Lowestoft, covering an area of approximately 305km2
The proposed Project comprises the next stage of development in the East Anglia Zone. East Anglia ONE Offshore Windfarm was the first to be proposed within the East Anglia Zone and a decision to grant that application was made by the Secretary of State on 17 June 2014.
The proposed DCO would, amongst other things, authorise:
1. Offshore wind turbines and associated foundations (anticipated to be up to 172 wind turbines, each having a rated capacity of between 7 MW and 12 MW, with an installed capacity of up to 1,200 MW;
2. Up to two meteorological masts and foundations;
3. Up to two LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) monitoring buoys;
4. Up to four offshore collector stations and up to two offshore converter station platforms;
5. Up to one offshore platform housing accommodation facilities;
6. Subsea inter-array cables between the wind turbines and converter station and collector station platforms;
7. Up to four subsea export cables to transmit electricity from the offshore platforms to shore;
8. Up to four interconnector cables between the East Anglia ONE and East Anglia THREE Projects;
9. Scour protection around foundations and on inter- array and export cables as required;
Mon Tues Wed
10. Landfall at Bawdsey with onshore transition pits to join the offshore and onshore cables;
11. Up to four onshore underground cables pulled through existing ducting to be laid by East Anglia ONE, running for approximately 37km from landfall to the connection point at Bramford, Suffolk, with jointing pits, to transmit electricity to a new onshore transformer substation;
12. An onshore transformer substation at Bramford, Suffolk, to connect the offshore windfarm to the National Grid;
13. The permanent and/or temporary compulsory acquisition (if required) of land and/or rights for the proposed Project;
14. Overriding of easements and other rights over or affecting land for the proposed Project;
15. The application and/or disapplication of legislation relevant to the proposed Project including inter
Ipswich County Library
9am – 6pm 9am – 7pm 9am – 6pm 9am – 6pm 9am – 7pm
8.30am – 5pm 10am – 4pm
9am – 6pm 9am – 7pm 9am – 6pm 9am – 7pm 9am – 6pm 9am – 5pm 10am – 4pm
alia legislation relating to compulsory purchase; and
16. Such ancillary, incidental and consequential provisions, permits or consents as are necessary and/or convenient.
The proposed Project is an environmental impact assessment (EIA) development. Following the conclusion of the previous consultation on the Project in September 2014, a number of design parameters have changed and the potential impact of these changes will be outlined as part of Phase III of consultation. Therefore copies of the Phase III Report (update to the Preliminary Environmental Information Report - PEIR) will be available for inspection free of charge from 19th June to 23rd July 2015 for comment, at the following locations and during the hours shown below:
10am – 4pm
9.30am – 7.30pm 9am – 5.30pm 9am – 5.30pm 9am – 7.30pm 9am – 5pm 10am – 4pm
A reasonable copying charge may be made for the reproduction of the Phase III Report. Further details in relation to the proposed Project can be found on the Applicant’s website www.eastangliawind.com
Any responses to or other representations in respect of the proposed Project should be sent to the Applicant by email to email@example.com
or by post to FREEPOST RSTC-EJEY-RKRX, East Anglia Offshore Wind, 4th Floor, 1 Atlantic Quay, Glasgow G2 8JB.
Any response or representation in respect of the proposed Application MUST (i) be received by the Applicant on or before 23rd July 2015 (ii) be made
9.30am – 5pm 9.30am – 5pm 9.30am – 5pm
9.30am – 7.30pm 9.30am – 5pm 10am – 4pm
10am – 4pm 9am – 5.30pm 9am – 7.30pm 9am – 5.30pm 9am – 7.30pm 9am – 5pm 10am – 4pm
* Please note that Hadleigh does not have the facilities to provide the Preliminary Environmental Information Report for consultees.
in writing, (iii) state the grounds of the response or representation and (iv) indicate who is making the response or representation, and (v) give an address to which correspondence relating to the response or representation may be sent. Responses and other representations will be made public; however comments will not be attributed to individuals.
East Anglia Offshore Wind is a 50-50 Joint Venture between ScottishPower Renewables and Vattenfall.
East Anglia THREE Limited is registered in England (Company No. 08141208) at 3rd Floor, 1 Tudor Street, London EC4Y 0AH.