search.noResults

search.searching

note.createNoteMessage

search.noResults

search.searching

orderForm.title

orderForm.productCode
orderForm.description
orderForm.quantity
orderForm.itemPrice
orderForm.price
orderForm.totalPrice
orderForm.deliveryDetails.billingAddress
orderForm.deliveryDetails.deliveryAddress
orderForm.noItems
Getting into travel


TRAINING SCHEMES


Emily Ansell, 23, account manager,


❛ Broadway Travel


I joined Broadway Travel after completing my BTEC travel & tourism Level 3 Extended Diploma. I started as a marketing assistant, and in the past five years I’ve progressed to become a marketing executive, a senior marketing executive and now account manager. I manage our accounts with companies including Secret Escapes, Telegraph Travel and TravelSupermarket, organising and booking our marketing and advertising activity online and in print. With marketing changing so much, it was really important to keep learning as part of my job, and Broadway offered me that opportunity. I’ve completed the Foundation Certificate in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), and an internal management development course. I’d like to progress within the company, so the next step will be the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing Level 4.


Apprenticeships aren’t the only way to learn on the job – there are many other vocational training schemes on offer


Nazia Bibi, employee communication channel


❛ 40 manager, Avis Budget Group


I studied Spanish and Italian at Manchester Metropolitan University, which included a year abroad, and from that point I was drawn to the travel industry. I wasn’t really aware of Avis Budget Group when I saw the advert for the graduate programme, but I loved the fact that the two-year programme included the opportunity to visit other European offices where I could use my language skills. During the programme I worked in our offices in Barcelona, Madrid and Budapest, and the UK, and we learned through theory and hands-on experience, including presenting to senior leadership teams. It was important to find a scheme that gave me a good grounding in the world of business. I’ve now taken up a full- time role within the communications team, overseeing our internal communication channels for the global business, which is a really exciting opportunity.


Louie Davies, 24, commercial graduate,


❛ Thomas Cook


I joined Thomas Cook’s Future Leaders Programme after gaining a degree in geography and city planning at Cardiff University and a Masters in geography and environmental planning at Oxford. I’m half-way through the two-year scheme, which gives us six months in four areas: product, yield, commercial insight and marketing. It’s a great way to learn about the company and the roles within it. About 80% of our time is spent ‘on the job’ and the other 20% is on independent projects. We are also encouraged to support Thomas Cook Children’s Charity. I’ve always loved to travel, so this is a great opportunity to learn about the commercial world in an area I am passionate about. I’ve already worked on a project looking at sustainable development for the company and the wider industry, and I’m eager to keep contributing in that area.


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52  |  Page 53  |  Page 54  |  Page 55  |  Page 56  |  Page 57  |  Page 58  |  Page 59  |  Page 60  |  Page 61  |  Page 62  |  Page 63  |  Page 64  |  Page 65  |  Page 66  |  Page 67  |  Page 68  |  Page 69  |  Page 70  |  Page 71  |  Page 72  |  Page 73  |  Page 74  |  Page 75  |  Page 76  |  Page 77  |  Page 78  |  Page 79  |  Page 80  |  Page 81  |  Page 82  |  Page 83  |  Page 84  |  Page 85  |  Page 86  |  Page 87  |  Page 88  |  Page 89  |  Page 90  |  Page 91  |  Page 92  |  Page 93  |  Page 94  |  Page 95  |  Page 96  |  Page 97  |  Page 98  |  Page 99  |  Page 100  |  Page 101  |  Page 102  |  Page 103  |  Page 104  |  Page 105  |  Page 106  |  Page 107  |  Page 108  |  Page 109  |  Page 110  |  Page 111  |  Page 112  |  Page 113  |  Page 114  |  Page 115  |  Page 116