Q. My child has a coach (Game Leader) that seems to have little to no soccer experience. Why can’t you provide me with someone who is very knowledgeable in the sport?

A. Cambridge Youth Soccer strives to provide the best soccer experience for all children participating in our programs. Unfortunately, CYS needs to find nearly 400 coaches per season in order to continue operating our programs based on current demand. The administrative staff try very hard to recruit new coaches and parent volunteers every season, but as registration numbers continue to grow, so does the need for coaches.

Q. I have a complaint about the soccer program that my child is involved in. Where can I direct this complaint?

A. Cambridge Youth Soccer takes all complaints regarding our leagues, coaches and administration very seriously. You may address complaints to the appropriate director of your child’s division (found on CYS website). The contact information can be found on our website at Alternatively, you may contact the CYS Clubhouse at Your Complaint will then be forwarded to the appropriate party.

Q. My child didn’t get on the same Small Sided Soccer or House League (U7-U18) team as other children in our neighbourhood. My child seems to be on a team that practices quite far from where we live. Why is that?

A. Structuring the teams is a very difficult process for CYS administrative staff. While we generally try and keep most teams limited to players living in a certain geographic area of the city it cannot always be arranged this way due to a number of factors. These factors include: where the coach of the team lives, late registrations, balancing of teams by birth year in split age groups divisions, and balancing in general based on team strength from the previous season.

Q. My child has lost their CYS issued soccer ball or the ball is defective. How can I get a replacement?

A. If you believe the ball is defective please return it to the CYS office, and, if deemed to be defective by CYS staff a new ball will be issued free of charge. If your child has lost their ball a new one can be purchased at the CYS office at 745 Fountain St. N for a fee of $10.

Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36