the Drill Tower 40 Graduation ceremony.
There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve $500 for the Drill Tower 40 Graduation ceremony.
The committee recommends and I so move to approve the CLO request for $300 for the LAFD Badge Ceremony. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve the CLO request for $300 for the LAFD Badge Ceremony.
MEDICAL COMMITTEE REPORT
David Peters committee presented
following motion. The
and I so move to accept the applications to the Medical Plan. There was no discussion and no objections.
Motion carried to accept
RELIEF COMMITTEE REPORT
Steve Berkery presented following motion.
The committee recommends and I so move to pay:
The Sick & Injury benefits in the amount of $26,497.60 The Estate Planning benefit in the amount of $4,490, The
Life & Death
benefit in the amount of $24,000 The Relief Death Benefits in the amount of $22,500
There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to pay the above Relief benefits.
applications to the Medical Plan.
Steve Berkery read the names of members who recently passed and asked for a moment of silence from the Board.
MEMORIALS Clair E. Buskirk Clarence S. Kleidosty Ralph N. Nelman Howard Mc Manigill Sean P. Stilson
ASSISTANCE COMMITTEE Steve
Berkery presented following motions.
The committee recommends and I so move to accept the donations in the amount of $16,792.93 to the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to accept the donations in the amount of 16,792.93 to the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund.
The committee recommends
and I so move to approve the financial assistance applications for surviving spouses, active and retired members. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve the financial assistance applications
spouses, active members.
for surviving and retired
ADVANCEMENT COMMITTEE REPORT
Withdrawals in the amount of $5,746 The Life & Accident
The committee recommends and I so move to advance funds for both active and retired members. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to advance funds for both active and retired members.
SECRETARY’ S REPORT
Andy Kuljis reminded the Trustees to read their emails and keep up with the flying of the memorial flags. Juan Albarran
Rick Godinez informed that the final scholarship award had been given. He indicated that all the winners should be in the next Grapevine magazine.
MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT REPORT
Rick Godinez presented a video presentation on Arson Canines. He indicated that this video is currently running on the website. Marlene Casillas informed that the website calendar has been updated to offer more support and more options.
SETTING OF DATES
1) Hope for Firefighters - June 2nd
2) Morningstar Conference – June 13th – 15th
3) LAFD Fire Hogs Fallen Heroes Memorial Ride – June 25th
4) LAFD Career Expo – June 25th
5) Big Bear Mountain Bike Ride – August 3rd
6) Colorado Springs Memorial – September 15th – 18th
7) LAFD Invitational Golf Tournament – September 19th
8) LAFRA Open House – November 5th
9) IFEBP Annual Conference – November 13th – 16th (Orlando, FL) 10) LAFRA Holiday Party – December 17th
1) Bruce Burkhart – Saturday, June 4th A @ Fire Station 48
August 2016 • 55
asked that when sending those emails, to include a time line of when the flags are needed.
BY-LAWS COMMITTEE REPORT
David Peters informed that the next committee meeting will be on June 22nd to discuss the final updates to the Policy Manual.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT
(Larson) 2) Mike Bowman & Tom Ottman – Saturday, June 4th A @ FS 4 (Bednarchik)
3) Art Burgess – Monday, June 6th C @ Brookside Golf Club (Steinbacher)
4) Ed Larini – Monday, June 10th C @ Brookside Golf & Country Club (Larson)
5) Paul R. Nelson – Friday, June 10th C @ Odyssey Restaurant (Hart)
6) Mark Hill – Saturday, June 11th A @ Fire Station 49 (Cawdrey)
7) Andy Vidovich – Monday, June 20th A @ Dalmatian American Club (Kuljis)
8) Phil Bernal – Saturday, June 25th B @ The Bernal’s
9) Craig Nielsen – Wednesday, June 29th A @ Intercontinental Hotel (Hart)
10) Peter Pulido, Robert Brown & Mark Gozawa – Thursday, June 30th (Steinbacher)
11) Dan Rodriguez – Friday, July 1st A @ Odyssey Restaurant (Godinez) 12) James Medley – Friday, July 15th A @ Ports O’Call Restaurant
13) Mike Monroy – Friday, July 29th B @ Top of the Fish Market (Larson) 14) Scott Akahoshi – Tuesday, August 2nd A @ Automobile Driving Museum (Akahoshi) 15) Mike Palma/Richard Newton/Robert Gonzalez – Sun., Aug. 7th B @ Knollwood Country Club (Bednarchik)
Robert Steinbacher entertained a
motion to adjourn. There David
Peters so moved. Juan Albarran seconded.
discussion and no objections.
Motion carried to adjourn. The Board of Trustees meeting adjourned at 11:55 a.m.
Robert Steinbacher, President was no
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64