This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
Tourist party at the Memorial Cairn and Leanach Cottage on Culloden battlefield, c.1927.


Invergarry Castle c.1927. Built on the ‘Rock of the Raven,’ the castle was last occupied in 1746.


Greig Street Bridge over the River Ness was built in 1882.


The Glen Albyn Distillery on the Caledonian Canal. Established by Inverness Provost James Sutherland in 1846 it closed during 1917-1919 to be used as a US naval base. It was acquired by Mackinlays & Birnie (of Glen Mhor) in 1920 and finally closed in 1983. It was eventually knocked down in 1988 to make way for a supermarket development.


25


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52