places to go
w 28, Write Night, a monthly gathering of writers, featuring Scott Hamilton; Te Uru, 420 Titirangi Road; $5. Phone 817 8087.
w 30, Flicks: Love and Mercy (M), the story of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys; Lopdell House Theatre; 8.15pm; $14 from Titirangi Pharmacy or phone 818 2489.
w 31, DIY Rainwater Harvesting with Laurie Dee; EcoMatters, 1 Olympic Place, New Lynn; 10.30am-12.30pm; $20. Phone 826 4276 ext 122.
w 4, Building a Tiny House with Shay Boddington; EcoMatters, 1 Olympic Place, New Lynn; 6.30-8pm; $20. Bookings essential, phone 826 4276 ext 122.
w 6, Charity knitting group, afternoon tea and trading table; St Andrew’s Hall, Clayburn Road, Glen Eden; 2.45pm. Phone Debbie Penk 818 4449.
w 6, Twilight Gala with food, craft and white elephant stalls and activities for all ages; St Dominic’s Primary School, 32 Bolton St, Blockhouse Bay; 5-8pm.
w 7, Titirangi Kindergarten gala with silent auction, activities for children and loads of fun; 509 South Titirangi Road; 10am - 2pm.
There is so much happening in and around our community, including many weekly events, that we can’t fit everything into these listings. To find out more about
whatever you are interested in, from Air Scouts to yoga and almost everything in between, visit:
. l WHERE IT’S AT:
• Corban Estate Arts Centre, 426 Great North Road, Henderson, 10am–4.30pm daily. 838 4455.
• Kelston Community Centre, corner of Awaroa and Great North Roads, Kelston.
• Te Uru Waitakere Contemporary Gallery, 420 Titirangi Road, Titirangi, 10am–4.30pm daily. 817 8087; email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Playhouse Theatre, 15 Glendale Road, Glen Eden. 818 5751.
• Sustainable Living Centre, 4 Olympic Place, New Lynn, 10am–4pm Mon-Fri, 10am–1pm Sat, or by appointment. 826 4276; email@example.com
• Titirangi Theatre, Lopdell House, Titirangi, 817 5812; infoline 817 5951; www. titirangitheatre.co.nz
• Upstairs Art Gallery, Level 1, Lopdell House, 418 Titirangi Road, 10am–4.30pm daily. 817 4278. www. upstairs.org.nz
• McCahon House Museum, 67 Otitori Bay Rd; 1-4pm, Wednesday – Sunday, except public holidays. Outside these hours by appointment. 817 6148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• West Coast Gallery, Seaview Road, Piha, Wed to Sun 10am–4pm. www. westcoastgallery.co.nz
The Best of Thai Restaurant & Takeaway Fully licensed & BYO
Open Wednesday – Friday for Lunch and 7 days for Dinner
Ph: 827 8266
3076 Great North Road, New Lynn www.laithairestaurant.co.nz
help us help them …
GLEN EDEN TENNIS CLUB 42 Glendale Road, Glen Eden.
Junior coaching (5-17yrs) starts Wednesday 14th October Prices from $140.00-$190.00 for terms 1 & 4
Monday & Tuesday nights from 6.00-8.30pm $5.00 Thursday Tennis Fun & Fitness from 7.00-9.00pm $6.00 Also available Cardio Tennis and private coaching
Ph 818 4042
For more info please contact us email email@example.com
Glen Eden Tennis Club
We help thousands of birds each year We are community focused
Every bird in New Zealand is a NZ bird to us A giſt of a bequest would ensure that New Zealand Bird Rescue
Charitable Trust in Green Bay can continue to do the work that we have been doing for over 30 years.
Please remember the work of New Zealand Bird Rescue Charitable Trust when you are updating your will.
Contact us for more information Office Manager
or phone (09) 816 9219 x1
please support our advertisers – they support us ®
The Fringe OCTOBER 2015 17
WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN IN THE WEST...
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32