Adrienne Morris BA, DipEDIT
33 Jefferson St, Glendowie, Auckland 1071, New Zealand. Telephone and Fax: +64 9 521 09 01
An energetic and talented person, with considerable experience in a wide range of areas. Born in New Zealand; lived in Australia (five years) and England (twenty years). Successfully self-employed for twenty-three years. Returned to New Zealand in 2007. Diploma in proofreading and editing. Works freelance, mainly in private and corporate sector, but available for part-time or casual in-house positions. Computer literate; skills in proofreading, copy editing, typesetting, layout, newsletters, photo restoration. Organised, self-motivated and dedicated worker. Prefers challenging and interesting work. Works well alone, and with others. Real commitment, energy and enthusiasm for all undertakings, along with a good sense of humour.
KEY SKILLS and QUALITIES
• Wide general knowledge • Good business skills • Typesetting, layout, photo restoration skills • Exceptional attention to detail • Willing to learn new skills
• Established and built up successful private company in UK, in very competitive marketplace. Negotiated some boutique ceramic contracts with substantial British and European companies. Achieved high reputation for quality and excellent service. Pioneered “personalised china” for small businesses and organisations early 1980s.
• Helped initiate and set up a small business networking club in Ryedale, North Yorkshire, in 2003 and was on the committee for three years, helping new small businesses in all aspects.
• Successfully gained Diploma in Book Editing, Proofreading & Publishing, 2007–08. • Built up a total book design business for clients, from editing right through to final proofs, 2009 to present.
CAREER HISTORY Owner, AM Proofreading and Editing, (NZ), from 2008; AM Publishing New Zealand, from 2010
• A freelance business, proofreading and copy editing, for publishers, corporates and private individuals, including website copywriting and content editing, producing leaflets, photo restoration. Book design for self-publishers.
• Service to students for proofreading of university theses and assignments.
• Restored 120 photos, mock-up layouts, and proofreading for 67,000-word history book ...an
d then came the bridge. A History of Long Bay and Torbay (Marie Gray and Jennifer Sturm), for local historical society. May 2008.
• Won freelance copy editing contract with Eternal Press, Canada, over 30 international applicants. May 2009. • Joined freelance staff of New Holland Publishers (NZ) Ltd, Auckland, as copy editor and proofreader. June 2009.
• Designs posters and programmes for three local community theatres – Dolphin Theatre (Onehunga), The Stables (Ellerslie) and Torbay Theatre – as well as assisting with publicity.
• Has fully published nearly 80 books by the end of 2014, including general fiction, children’s books, young adult fiction, non-fiction, illustrated non-fiction, self-help books, family histories and memoirs, etc. Please see website for details.
• Now running a publishing business that is thriving after five years, doing work for clients within New Zealand and Australia, and internationally.
1 Dec 2014
• Thorough, focused and professional • Adaptable and flexible • Manages time effectively • Offers expertise in range of areas • Takes initiative when required
Mobile: 021 024 39870
| Page 2