Department of Kinesiology ANNOUNCEMENTS
A new Fitness Testing Internship was started in Spring 2015 in the Kinesiology Department. Some of our Kinesiology students performed several fitness tests on Health students taking KINE 205. The fitness testing does not only give our students the practical experience working with individuals but it also allows students from all majors to see what fitness level that are currently at. For more information about the Fitness Testing Internship, please
Professor Tori Beaudette successfully passed NSCA’s Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach exam and is now CSCS certified. Congrats Tori!
Dr. Amanda Rymal and her husband, Anthony welcomed their son, Jaxen Peter Tisbo on 11/23/14 at 10:34 am.
ALUMNI NEWS • Tami Paone has been accepted into the Nursing Program at Cal Baptist University.
• Nick Klug is working on his Ph.D. at UC Davis in Molecular, Cellular & Integrative Physiology. He has completed his coursework and is working on the manner in which diabetes (hyperglycemia) worsens brain edema (swelling) during a stroke. Additionally, he hopes to determine if diabetes leads to increased permeability and blood-brain barrier breakdown compared to non-diabetics during stroke.
• Joseph Penamora began the Physical Therapist Assistant program at Loma Linda University and made the Deans List in Summer 2014.
• Manuel Silva received his bachelor of science in kinesiology from California State University San Bernardino in 1998. After graduating from CSUSB, Manuel began his graduate work at Indiana State University where he earned a master’s degree in Exercise Science.. After graduating, Manuel was hired as the strength and conditioning coach for the professional boxer (world champion) Antonio Diaz. In 2003 Manuel started working for College of the Desert (Palm Desert, CA) where he taught physical education and served as the head men’s and women’s soccer coach, position that he held until he left to enroll in the doctoral program at Claremont Graduate University (CGU). Last Summer Manuel received his Ph.D. from CGU, and currently holds the position of Assistant Professor in Physical Education at the University of Puerto Rico.
• Ruthanna Rosner, is in her final semester of the Masters Athletic Training program at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah.
• Ari Hozman, has been accepted to and will be starting a PhD program in the fall at Florida International University in Miami in Public Health with a focus in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
• Dan Nario, is working as a Physical Therapy Aide at Rozina and Smith Physical Therapy in Upland, Ca.
The National Strength and
Conditioning Association officially recognizes California State University, San Bernardino’s Strength and Conditioning Program. This program benefits our students for discounts on certification exams and national recognition. For more information please contact the Director, Dr. Nicole Dabbs or the CSCS sponsor Dr. Guillermo Escalante.
Professor Judith Davis ran the Zion Half Marathon in March. It was her first half marathon and she had a blast running it! It was a beautiful, uphill course that finished at the
Congratulations to the Human Performance Lab director Tabitha Toral on graduating in Spring, 2015.
Academic Year 2014-2015
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13