DUKE OF EDINBURGH’S AWARD
CMC Adventure is equipped to provide high quality expeditions for groups undertaking the DofE Award. With qualified Mountain Leaders on the team and all the expedition equipment you need, we can support training, practice and qualifying expeditions for all levels of the award.
A CHOICE OF LOCATION
Our backdrop is the wild Rhinog mountain range, on the west coast of the Snowdonia National Park. This is a fantastic expedition location because groups can begin and end their expedition from the centre, with no transport required. However, the choices beyond the Rhinogs are easily accessible by mini bus and include the Moelwyn plateau, the Cadair Idris mountain range, the Snowdon mountain range and the Carneddau. You don’t have to do a mountainous expedition, as the countryside between these ranges is expansive and perfect for training and low level expeditions.
TYPE OF EXPEDITIONS • Tailored group expeditions – we’ll work with
you to create the programme you need.
•• Qualifying Expeditions•• Week long training courses Practice Expeditions
Open Expeditions for Silver or Gold levels which can be used as practice or qualifying expeditions
•• High quality instruction from qualified Mountain Leaders• The use of any expedition equipment you require • Full board accommodation either side of your expedition. navigation training on a week-long stay with us.
WHAT WE CAN INCLUDE:
• A National Navigation Award qualification which can be achieved during • We can provide Mountain Leaders and Expedition Assessors to work with you
Training in navigation, route planning, first aid, emergency procedures, camp craft, equipment use and the countryside code.
on your programme both if you are doing it at CMC Adventure or elsewhere. Either way we can provide the staff you need.
- offer the opportunity for DofE participants to do an activity residential with us at CMC Adventure. We have 3 types of residential.
1. A 5-day multi activity week with other DofE participants involving an action packed week of adventure activities. You will have the opportunity to try things you have never done before and work on new skills, you might even find something you want to develop further. Find the dates of these weeks on our website.
2. Spend 7 days with our instructors and experience the outdoors from their point of view. You will get to assist them as they work and learn all about what it is like to be an outdoor instructor. Call the office to arrange a week that is mutually convenient.
3. Choose one of our training courses (see website) and spend 5 days developing your skills in a specific area of outdoor adventure.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20