DONATE!! CFC #11047
THE STUTTERING FOUNDATION FALL 2014
A Nonprofit Organization
Scoring for Stuttering James Rodriguez the Soccer Star
The breakout star of 2014 FIFA World Cup hands down was
Colombia’s sensation James Rodriguez, known affectionately as “James” (pronounced “HAHM-ez”). Only 22 years old and in his first World Cup, some pro soccer commen- tators mentioned Rodriguez’ per- formance in the same regard with Pele’s heroics in 1958 when, as an unknown 17 year-old, the future su- perstar lead Brazil to its first World Cup. The June 30 issue of USA Today published a major article enti-
tled “7 Reasons James Rodriguez is the breakout star of the World Cup,” with the first reason being “He’s been abso- lutely brilliant,” highlighting his then Cup-leading five goals and two assists in only four games. However, what was not widely covered in the international media is that James Rodriguez is a person who stutters. Despite only playing until
the quarterfinal round when Colombia was eliminat- ed, Rodriguez won the
Golden Boot award as the tournament’s
Continued on page 14
• Born July 12, 1991, in Cúcuta, Colombia.
• Jersey #10.
• Position is wing or attacking midfield.
• He and his wife, Daniela, have a daughter named Salome.
• Recently signed 6-year, $108 million deal with Real Madrid.
• Ranked as one of the best players in the world.
• 2,381,824 people read the Stuttering Foundationʼs Facebook posting about James.
Did you know these stars also stutter?
• NFL running back Darren Sproles
• Basketball star Kenyon Martin
• Legendary Bulls star Bob Love
• LPGA member Sophie Gustafson
• NBA All Hall of Famer Bill Walton
For more news on James Rodriguez, visit www.StutteringHelp.org
Finding the perfect fit, page 4
Inspirational Authors, page 3
Clinicians from around the globe attend workshops, pages 6-8
• Golf champ Tiger Woods • Outfielder George Springer
Stress & Stuttering, page 9
Since 1947 ... Helping Those Who Stutter
Inside this Issue...
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22