Limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women each day.
Make time for exercise. Be active for at least 30 minutes every day.
If you eat red meat, eat only small amounts. Eat less than 18 ounces of red meat each week.
Limit salty and high-fat foods such as fried and fast food.
Avoid sugary drinks. Choose water instead.
Avoid eating meats that have been smoked, preserved, salted, or cured such as ham, bacon, and hot dogs.
Food Safety • Wash hands before and aſter preparing food. • Wash all fruits and vegetables with water and a brush before eating. • Check expiration dates and throw out foods that have expired.
• Clean dish towels and sponges oſten. (Microwaving sponges for two minutes will kill active germs. Make sure the sponge is slightly damp before microwaving.)
• Store foods at proper temperatures by keeping your fridge at 40° F or below and your freezer at 0° F or below.
• Cook foods to proper temperatures:
– Poultry: 165° F – Red meat: 165° F – Pork: 165 °F
– Fish: 145° F – Reheated leſtovers: 165° F
Huntsman Cancer Institute | www.huntsmancancer.org
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20