CHIC A GO’ S SKYLINE
For over 25 years, the DuPage Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) has been the only destination marketing organization certifi ed by the State of Illinois to represent the multi-billion dollar travel and tourism industry, which is a key economic development driver, in DuPage County.
Our overall mission is to position DuPage County and our partner communities as premier destinations for both business and leisure travel, and to play a vital role in contributing signifi cant and irreplaceable tourism revenue to our economy.
The DuPage CVB is a one-stop shop for unbiased information about our county’s services and facilities, providing a full range of information about DuPage County at no cost to the traveler or planner. To do this, we depend on funding from the state, county, local communities and partners.
POWER OF COMMUNITY
DUPAGE CVB AT A GLANCE
• We act as the offi cial point of contact for convention, event and meeting planners, tour operators and leisure visitors.
• We entice travelers to visit local attractions, shop at our stores, enjoy our recreational opportunities, dine in our restaurants and stay in our hotels.
• We assist planners with meeting preparation and coordinate familiarization (FAM) tours and site inspections.
• We produce and distribute award-winning print materials, multimedia promotional campaigns, advertising, and public relations strategies.
• We represent our partners at tradeshows, association events and industry meetings.
TOURISM AS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
DuPage County’s tourism industry posted its highest annual revenues ever in 2013, indicating an increasingly positive impact on the area’s economy. DuPage continues to rank second only to Cook County for overall tourism expenditures, tourism industry payrolls, employment fi gures, and state and local tax revenues.
Without tourism revenue, the average DuPage County household would pay at least $1,100 more taxes each year.
ANNUAL DUPAGE VISITOR CONTRIBUTIONS
$2.32 BILLION $584 MILLION 21,300 $139 MILLION $38.27 MILLION TO ILLINOIS ECONOMY
IN TOURISM PAYROLL TOURISM JOBS
IN STATE TAX RECEIPTS IN LOCAL RECEIPTS SOURCES: U.S. TRAVEL ASSOCIATION;
STATE OF ILLINOIS OFFICE OF TOURISM (IOT) 2013
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4