son/Telus for many paramedical practitioners and vision care providers. To find out if your healthcare provider of- fers eClaims, ask your healthcare provider’s office direct- ly, or search the online listings at www.telushealth.com/
solutions-for-consumers. Just submit your postal code for the nearest providers using eClaims. If your clinic has not subscribed to the Telus eClaims system, you can submit your original receipts for paramedical services and vision using your personalized claim form. Claims submission questions? Don’t hesitate to contact
your Johnson Claims Representative at 1-877-413-6599 or via email at: email@example.com
. You can also find answers to other claims submission questions by viewing RTAM’s “Claim Submission FAQ’s” located at www.jo
OVERVIEW OF ALL RTAM BENEFIT PLANS Most RTAM members who responded to the recent sur-
vey were very satisfied with the communications of the benefits and are interested in more coverage, depending on the impact on rates. RTAM members are now eligible for a wide array of vol-
untary insurance options to meet their needs, including: • Premier Emergency Medical Travel Insurance (Full RTAM members Only) – Multiple trips of 62 DAYS duration
– Optional per trip supplementary travel extensions up to 212 days
– Up to $7,000 Trip Cancellation, Interruption & De- lay Insurance per insured per trip
• MEDOC Emergency Medical Travel Insurance (All RTAM Members) – Base plan covers multiple trips up to 17 OR 35 DAYS each – Optional per trip supplementary travel extensions up to 212 days
– Up to $8,000 Trip Cancellation, Interruption & De- lay Insurance per insured per trip
• Stand Alone Trip Cancellation and trip Interruption (All RTAM Members) – Additional $6,000 per insured per year – Subject to pre-existing condition limitation.
• Extended Health Care (Basic and Enhanced Plan Options) – Dental Care – Long Term Care Insurance – Guaranteed or Term Life Insurance – Home Insurance
For further questions and plan information, please call
our RTAM office at 204-889-3660, or RTAM’s Plan Admin- istrator Johnson Inc. toll-free at 1-877-989-2600, or visit the website www.johnson.ca
Member Benefits Survey Results to January 31, 2014 RTAM would like
thank all the members who participated in the Decem-
ber 2013 RTAM Voluntary Group Insurance Benefit Plan survey. Tis article gives the highlights of the survey and recommends a follow-up study to validate the results with more feedback, which will be taken into consideration for the April 2015 renewal.
CONGRATULATIONS! Te first highlight is to congratulate Larry Moore of
Winnipeg Beach for being the survey contest’s lucky win- ner. Participants were eligible to enter a draw for a $200 prize sponsored by Johnson. Larry indicated that this was a pleasant surprise!
DEMOGRAPHICS Demographics can impact benefit selection and survey
• Of the 65 participants in the survey, 51 were members of at least one of the RTAM benefit plans.
• Family status was predominantly couple coverage at 62%. • 18 of the 53 respondents to age were in the age band 55-64; 26 between 65-74; and 9 respondents were 75 years and older.
• Geographically, 46 of the participants reside in Mani- toba, 6 in BC and 1 in Ontario. Of the 46 who report- ed MB postal codes, 25 reside in Winnipeg, 11 in rural MB, and 10 in Brandon, Dauphin, Portage la Prairie, St. Adolphe, Ste. Anne, or Steinbach.
COVERAGE Of those plan members who responded, many had more
than one plan, with 39 covered by Premier Travel, 33 with EHC coverage, 16 with Dental Care, 5 with MEDOC Trav- el, 4 with life insurance, 3 with Stand Alone Trip Cancella- tion, and 1 with Home insurance. Tere were no responses from Long Term Care plan members.
RTAM | WWW. RTAM.MB.CA
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32