ADVERTISING FE A TURES
Healthy feet with Diane Dennis: top tips this summer
• Trim your toenails straight across (not too short) and not down the side - as this can lead to ingrowing toe nails.
• Give your feet a bit of fresh air by going bare foot or wear open- toed sandals from time to time.
• Don’t wear flip flops all summer as they don’t give support and can cause arch and heel pain. Try not to cover any blisters caused by rubbing flipflops or sandals - allow them to dry on their own.
• If you wear socks then change them daily to prevent them smelling. Choose ones high in cotton or wool.
• Remove hard skin around your heal with a foot file or emery board - and then add a rich moisturising cream to soften the skin.
• Viruses such as veruccae can be picked up on the floors of communal showers and changing rooms. Slip on a pair of sandals to protect your feet.
•If you suffer from corns, callous, cracked heels, verrucae, fungal
infections and ingrowing toe nails contact Diane Dennis DipCFHP (Adv) MPSPract Advanced Foot Health Practitioner on 01934 741137.
Estate Agent with branches in Worle and Winscombe
Opened in 2005 Farrons Estate Agents pride themselves on having friendly, experienced staff, who between them have over 80 years’ local agency experience. Since opening Farrons have successfully sold a wide range of properties in Worle, Weston and surrounding villages and have developed an excellent reputation for customer service with a large part of their business coming from recommendations. As well as acting for private clients they also act for a number of corporate and investment clients. They are members of The Guild Of Professional Estate Agents.
• Farrons Estate Agents at 179 High Street, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, N Somerset, BS22 6JA; Tel: 01934 518900. • and at 1d Sandford Road, Winscombe, N Somerset, BS25 1HA. Tel: 01934 842000. www.farrons.co.uk
Traineeships at Weston College
If you’re aged 16 - 24, and are worried that a lack of skills and qualifications are going to prevent you from getting a job or apprenticeship – read on! Weston College now offers a new – free – traineeship programme that will improve your English and maths, prepare you for work and help you grow in confidence. Plus, a fully supportive employer will provide a work placement and an interview – guaranteed.
You’ll finish with a valuable qualification, new skills and increased confidence. For details call 01934 411 598 or email business.enterprise. firstname.lastname@example.org
Together with Weston College you can get your future off the ground.
Strawberry Line Times August 2013 19
Half price jacket offer
Country Innovation in Broad Street, Congresbury are offering all readers the chance to purchase their very popular Stowaway Jackets or Trousers at HALF PRICE! These are perfect
garments for the milder weather being totally waterproof and breathable yet very lightweight and packable into their own drawstring bags so that you can put it into the bottom of the rucksack…..just in case! Don’t miss out on this offer as they truly are brilliant products and at HALF PRICE this simply is too good to miss! Jackets are £22.50 (from £45) and trousers are £12.50 (from £25). Country Innovation, No 1 Broad Street, Congresbury, North Somerset, BS49 5DG; 01934 877333 www. countryinnovation.co.uk
Now is the time to plan how to shape your green space in the coming months. If it’s new sheds, fencing, gates and all things timber in the garden, why not pay Somerlap a visit?
Their website will enable you to familiarise yourself with their range of products which can be followed up by a visit to see first-hand the quality and value of the timber used in their manufacturing process. Their expert friendly staff will be on hand to assist whenever needed. They can even recommend skilled installation contractors if required.
Somerlap, Wells Road, Mark, Somerset TA9 4NR. Tel: 01278 641671. www.somerlap.co.uk
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32