This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
Volunteering Opportunities


When you think of donating to a charity you probably think of giving money but have you ever thought about giving your time? Two organisations are appealing for volunteers this month and below there is also an appeal for blood donors.


The East Anglian Air Ambulance is a 365-day helicopter emergency medical service which covers Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire. With a medical crew highly trained in critical care, we bring the emergency room to the patient within 25 minutes. We can then transport them to the most appropriate hospital if needed. Since our launch in 2000, we have attended over 12,500 life-saving missions. We receive no Government funding and rely on volunteers throughout the region to help us continue this vital work.


If you have some spare time, either regularly or occasionally, come and join our team and help the East Anglian Air Ambulance continue to save lives in your area. There are many opportunities available, working behind the scenes in one of our offices or as a public speaker or event supporter; the choice is yours! We will make sure that you are offered a position which best suits your skills, interests and availability.


Visit our website at www.eaaa.org.uk/support-us/volunteer to find out more or contact Victoria on (01603) 489406 or email victoria.pank@eaaa.org.uk.


Martine Silkstone Blood Donors Wanted


We supply hospitals with around 7,000 units of blood every day. Each unit of blood is split into its constituent parts and can save up to three lives. The number of regular blood donors has fallen by 23% over the past decade. In order to meet demand, we must recruit nearly 200,000 new donors every year. If you know someone who you think might be interested in giving blood, please share these facts with them or tell them to visit us at www.blood.co.uk.


96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood. Please don’t leave it to someone else.


Jonathan Latham, Assistant Director, Blood Donation 58


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52  |  Page 53  |  Page 54  |  Page 55  |  Page 56  |  Page 57  |  Page 58  |  Page 59  |  Page 60  |  Page 61  |  Page 62  |  Page 63  |  Page 64  |  Page 65  |  Page 66  |  Page 67  |  Page 68