Life, Health & Home By Michelle Renee Johnson, CEC, PCC • email@example.com
the readers of Upbeat Times on a regular basis. Please let her know what you think and feel free to contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEBASTOPOL, CA. ~Whether we call them reso- lutions, changes or intentions, most of us come into the new year with an intention to do some things differently. What is at the basis of all of those desires for change?
About Michelle: Michelle Renee Johnson, CEC, PCC, is a life coach, teacher & personal men- tor and we welcome her as a new guest writer for Upbeat Times. In her per- sonal business, Expanding
Joy Coaching, she supports people by helping them cre- ate a life filled with joy, pas- sion & purpose. She has been writing for many years and will now share some of these experiences and stories with
core, the resolutions we make to loose weight, make more money, spend more time with the kids, quit smoking, buy that car etc. all boil down to feeling better…. What we all want, ultimate-
ly, is to experiencing more joy, more love, more peace, more connection. Here are 5 Intentions for the new year that will
take you directly
to experiencing those core desires (and get you all the rest of the stuff you want too!)
1) Make a commitment to Gratitude – Gratitude is the
foundation for Joy. Why wait until you get that next “thing”. Start increasing your joy now by being grateful for all the blessings around you. here’s the fun part.
And As you
raise your vibration through gratitude, it helps all those “things” you want to have or experience flow to you so much more easily and effort- lessly!
2) Make a commitment to Awareness – Awareness is the key to lasting change. Outer experiences are just a reflections of our inner beliefs, so lasting change can only happen when those beliefs that don’t serve us are brought light and replaced with beliefs that do serve us. So make a commitment to being
intimately aware of
what you believe. If you are not sure, use your Emotions and Thoughts to guide you. Emotions always lead you to a thought which always leads to a belief. Every time.
3) Make a commitment to Feeling Better – Use the emotional scale to guide you. As you become consistently aware of your thoughts and emotions, then you can effec- tively use the emotional scale to guide you to the thoughts and emotions that feel a little bit better… and a little bit better.. and before you know it, you will be on your way to joy!
4) Make a commitment to Loving Yourself Through It All.- No matter what! The second we beat ourselves up for not doing it right or per- fectly, we drop our vibration and change a learning expe- rience into a disempowering experience.
yourself in times of difficulty, you actually raise your vibra- tion putting you at a more effective vibration to find the solutions you desire. I cannot emphasize how important lov- ing your self and being kind to yourself is. It is one of the
ntinued on back page
UPBEAT TIMES • March 2013 • 20 5 Intentions That Can Change Your Life JOKES & Humor # 9
A mother and baby camel are talking one day when the baby camel asks, "Mom, why have I got these huge three-toed feet?" The mother replies, "Well, son, when we trek across the desert, your toes will help you to stay on top of the soft sand." A few minutes later, the young camel asks, "Mom, why have I got these long eyelashes?"
"They are there to keep the sand out of your eyes on the trips through the desert." "Mom, why have I got these great big humps on my back?" "They are there to help us store water for our long treks across the desert, so we can go without drink- ing for long periods." "So we have huge feet to stop us from sinking, long eyelashes to keep the sand out of our eyes and these humps to store water?" "Yes, dear."
"So why are we in a Zoo?" An independent local Community Bank since 1890
Personal and Business Checking and Savings products and services: • Loans–Consumer and Business • Online Banking with Bill Pay and Paperless Statements–It’s the Greener way! • Youth Savings programs • ATM locations throughout Sonoma County for your convenience • A Customer Service team dedicated to answering your call before and after business hours
• We invite you to e-mail, call or visit us at any of our branches to answer your questions about how Exchange Bank can become your bank.
707.524.3000 or toll free 800.995.4066
20 • March 2013 • UPBEAT TIMES
Butterflies are self propelled flowers. ~R.H. Heinlein
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24