This page contains a Flash digital edition of a book.
Well that’s another oil leak cured!


I used instant gasket to give a small bead in the trough the O ring goes in, then pressed the O ring back in, followed by a bit more instant gasket on top of the O ring.


Then refit the cover and using M5 X 20mm (stainless of course) bolts in place of those dodgy rivets , I used anti vibration washers too as I hadn’t thought to get some nylock nuts DONT over tighten as it is only cast aluminium. I then cleaned and then smeared grease on the mating face of the pump and placed the new rectangular gasket on (I find the grease helps to hold the gasket in place whilst you are faffing about positioning it) Clean the engine block mating face and then refit the pump. I got all 6 bolts to just bite and then tightened them gradually going opposite corners until nicely tight. (NB on mine the top left bolt secures the air filter harness support bracket, don’t forget to refit it)


[20]


Page 1  |  Page 2  |  Page 3  |  Page 4  |  Page 5  |  Page 6  |  Page 7  |  Page 8  |  Page 9  |  Page 10  |  Page 11  |  Page 12  |  Page 13  |  Page 14  |  Page 15  |  Page 16  |  Page 17  |  Page 18  |  Page 19  |  Page 20  |  Page 21  |  Page 22  |  Page 23  |  Page 24  |  Page 25  |  Page 26  |  Page 27  |  Page 28  |  Page 29  |  Page 30  |  Page 31  |  Page 32  |  Page 33  |  Page 34  |  Page 35  |  Page 36  |  Page 37  |  Page 38  |  Page 39  |  Page 40  |  Page 41  |  Page 42  |  Page 43  |  Page 44  |  Page 45  |  Page 46  |  Page 47  |  Page 48  |  Page 49  |  Page 50  |  Page 51  |  Page 52  |  Page 53