Grandma is eighty-eight years old and still drives her own car. She writes:
The other day I went up to our local Christian book store and saw a 'Honk if you love Jesus' bumper sticker ..
I was feeling particularly happy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting.
So, I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper. Boy, am I glad I did; what an uplifting experience that followed!
I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the choir and how good it was,
And I didn't notice that the light had changed.
It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed. I didn't realise so many other people loved Jesus!
While I was sitting there, the guy behind started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, 'For the love of God!' 'Go! Go! Go!
What an exuberant cheerleader he was for The Lord!
Then everyone started honking again! I just leaned out my window and started waving and smiling at all those loving people.
I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love!
I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only one finger stuck up in the air. I asked your young cousin in the back seat what that meant.
He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something. Well, I have never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign right back.
My grandson burst out laughing. Why even he was enjoying this religious experience!!
A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars at the lights and started walking towards me.
I bet they wanted to share in my joy or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed.
So, grinning, I waved at all my brothers and sisters, and drove on through the traffic lights.
I noticed that I was the only car that got through the lights before the light changed again and felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared.
So I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away. What a wonderful, uplifting experience!
Will write again soon, Love, Grandma
Keep the grey matter active
1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?
2. There is a server at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 shoes. What does he weigh?
3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
1. Choosing the best (11) 9. School (7) 10. Idle (5)
11. Valley (5)
12. Offence (7) 13. Place (6)
15. Caustic (6) 18. Trade (7)
20. Spaghetti (5) 22. Temerity (5)
23. Narration (7) 24. Careless (11)
Down 2. Fissure (5)
3. Component (7) 4. Test (3,3) 5. Mount (5)
6. Manager (7)
7. Scheming (11) 8. Elastic (11)
14. Mortification (7) 16. Imitator (7) 17. Rare (6)
19. Sphere (5) 21. Beelzebub (5)
*For a chance to win a £10 High Street Shopping Voucher visit our website: www.lifebeginsmagazine.com
and go to the ‘Just for fun’ page for full terms and conditions.
4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?
6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
8. What was the President's Name in 1975?
9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
10. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the www.lifebeginsmagazine.com
egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?
11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field?
Have some Fun & *WIN a £10 High Street Voucher
Answers 1. Johnny of course 2. Meat. 3. Mt. Everest; it just wasn't discovered yet. 4. There is no dirt in a hole. 5. Incorrectly. 6. Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere. 7. You can't take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures. 8. Same as is it now - Barack Obama. 9. You would be in 2nd.. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first. 10. Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow. 11. One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52