h. An athlete may be disqualified for altering a uniform. in order to bare the midriff are examples of altered uniforms.)
34. TRACK AND FIELD SURFACES Mt. Carmel High School: Track/Runways -
Shot Put/Discus Rings -
(Excessive tying or taping of the back of a jersey or cutting a uniform i. Note: Advertisement of any kind is not to be worn on any visible clothing item-this includes socks.
NOTE: Only 3/16” needle spikes will be permitted on the track and runways. NO PYRAMID SPIKES WILL BE PERMITTED. Shoes, spikes, and bags will be inspected at the gate and at site of event. Athletes will not be permitted to participate on the artificial surfaces without approved spikes. Athletes will be disqualified in all events in which they were later determined to be in violation.
NOTE: Outside individual or team practice will not be allowed at the Mt. Carmel facility from May 11 through May 26. Violators will be disqualified from CIF competition.
35. METERS VS. YARDS All running events in the 2012 San Diego CIF Track and Field Championships will be conducted in meters.
36. STARTING BLOCKS Starting blocks will be provided. No other blocks may be brought to the meet.
37. TIMING SYSTEMS Fully automatic timing and back-up systems will be employed in all races to determine the time and placement of finishers in both Prelims and Finals. Should both systems fail in one or more heats of a race, official results of all heats in that race shall be the hand-held times. Back-up timers and judges will also be employed. Hip numbers will be provided to all runners. NOTE: There will be no utilization of unauthorized, unofficial video equipment for rendering decisions. If both systems should fail, finish time officials will be instructed not to talk to anyone except meet officials until final decisions are made.
38. DRESSING FACILITIES THERE WILL BE NO DRESSING FACILITIES AVAILABLE FOR ATHLETES AT MT. CARMEL HIGH SCHOOL. ALL CONTESTANTS SHOULD ARRIVE DRESSED TO COMPETE.
39. STEREOS, WALKIE-TALKIES, UMBRELLAS, AND TENTS For obvious reasons, no stereos (even those with head phones) may be brought through any gate. Coaches are advised to forewarn their people. Walkie-talkies will not be admitted due to possible interference with meet management and security. No umbrellas or tents will be permitted anywhere in the stadium. Canopies, ipods/mp3s with head phones are permitted in the stands only.
40. PASSES Permitted:
State CIF Life passes, CIFSDS Life Passes, CIFSDS media passes, CIFSDS Courtesy Cards, participant passes.
Not Permitted: Scouting cards, faculty passes, school passes, league passes, district passes, other section passes, or coaches’ passes
41. CONCESSIONS a. Programs – Section Sports b. T-shirts – The Kukulski Bros. c. Food – Mt. Carmel High School
a. All National Federation rules will apply unless otherwise stated in the Green Book or this bulletin. Coaches are held responsible for the contents of this publication as well as all information given at the mandatory coaches’ meeting on May 14.
b. Reminder to coaches and league representatives: Only marks made in league/conference finals can be considered for automatic or at-large consideration.
c. Meet management reserves the right to change any venue or other aspect of facility usage wherein issues of safety or meet logistics are concerned.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13