3. DATES AND SITES Prelims – (Division I and II - see attached division breakdown) Saturday, May 19 – 9:00 a.m. – Mt. Carmel High School: Boys’ & Girls’ Track & Field Events
Finals Saturday, May 26 – 10:00 a.m. Mt. Carmel High School: Boys’ & Girls’ Track & Field Events
4. MEET REFEREES Boys’ & Girls’ Prelims – Division I and II Mt. Carmel High School - Saturday, May 19: Running Event – Byron Price; Field Event – Al Dandridge; Staging Clerk – Gary McDonald
Boys’ & Girls’ Finals – Division I and II Mt. Carmel High School - Saturday, May 26: Running Event – Byron Price; Field Event – Al Dandridge; Staging Clerk – Gary McDonald
5. STARTERS Boys’ & Girls’ Prelims – Division I and II – Mt. Carmel High School – Saturday, May 19 Jim Sibbet, Merlyn Holmes, Harlon Filoon, Robert Smith, Gregg Hara, Bob Hood
Boys’ & Girls’ Finals – Division I and II – Mt. Carmel High School - Saturday, May 26 Bob Hood, Robert Smith, Jim Sibbet, Harlon Filloon, Richard Cota, Merlyn Holmes
6. ADMISSION Each boys’ and girls’ team participating in the Prelims will be given participant wristbands equal to the number of qualifiers plus five to coaches. (Additional wristbands will be given for alternates.) Individual school envelopes with wristbands will be available at the May 14 meeting, only to official representatives of the school concerned. Participants: All qualified athletes and coaches will be admitted by wristbands through the participants’ gates. EACH COACH MUST USE WRISTBANDS FOR ENTRY! Non-participating athletes, other coaches, timers, statisticians, trainers, etc., must purchase tickets. COACHES AND MANAGERS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON THE PLAYING FIELD UNLESS CALLED BY MEET MANAGEMENT. VIOLATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF ATHLETE(S) OR TEAMS. COACHES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DISTRIBUTION OF WRISTBANDS! SECURITY AND/OR MEET MANAGEMENT ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE.
Spectators and Others: All spectators, non-qualifying athletes, extra coaches and managers, bus drivers, faculty members, etc., must purchase a general admission ticket. There are only two playoff ticket ranges: Adult – Defined as anyone over 18 years old and Student/Senior – Student defined as anyone age 5 through 18; Senior defined as anyone age 60 or over. Prelims Finals
Adult - $9.00 Adult - $10.00
7:30 a.m. 8:00 a.m.
8:30 a.m. 9:00 a.m.
Student/Senior - $5.00 Student/Senior - $6.00
Admission Times: Division I and II Prelims – Saturday, May 19 Participant Gate Spectator Gate
Division I and II Finals – Saturday, May 26 Participant Gate Spectator Gate
7. QUALIFYING – LEAGUE/CONFERENCE MEETS INTO CIF PRELIMS
a. Each league, with the exception of Frontier League, receives two (2) automatic entries. The Frontier League will receive one (1) automatic entry.
b. All athletes who achieve the qualifying standard (see attachment) in the league/conference finals, will be automatically entered.
If there are still openings short of the minimum of 27 entries per event, the Seeding Committee will select the best of all at- large nominees submitted in order to reach 27 entries.
d. A league may petition to have an athlete entered into CIF prelims as an at large entrant if the league feels that the athletes mark was adversely affected due to a situation at the venue that was out of the athlete’s control. The league rep must submit
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22