Nassau Business Monthly THE PROGRESS REPORT
• Neurologist Timothy Lucey, DO, has joined the Baptist Medical Center Nassau active medical staff.
• The Omni Amelia Island Plantation was named one of Condé Nast Traveler’s Top 121 Golf Resorts in the World in the April 2012 issue.
• Happy Trails Walking Horses owner Stan Potter just started fencing a new home for his Original Plantation Horses on 10.5 acres off Old Nassauville Road.
• The Omni Amelia Island Plantation marked 40 years of Chamber membership in Jan. • Beachside Motel marked 35 years of Chamber membership in April.
• Amelia Island Graphics and attorney Clyde W. Davis both marked 30 years of Chamber membership in January, while Kelley Termite & Pest Control marked 30 years of Chamber membership in April.
• Fernandina Beach Animal Clinic marked 25 years of Chamber membership in January.
• Step by Step Learning Center marked 10 years of Chamber membership in January, Fernandina Beach Golf Club marked 10 years of Chamber membership in March, and the Hoyt House Bed & Breakfast Inn marked 10 years Chamber membership in May.
• The Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival has been selected as a Top 20 event for May 2012 by The Southeast Tourism Society.
• Joining Rice Architect are Jamie Embree, offi ce manager/marketing coordinator, and Michelle Rawls, intern architect.
• Joey Marmo recently joined KB Home in Timber Creek as a sales counselor. Joey has been a Florida Real Estate Broker since 1992.
• The newest Amelia Dental Group team member is Gail Aldridge who joins the front offi ce team as an appointment coordinator.
• Club 14 Fitness is now open 24 hours, seven days of the week.
• Sutton Place Behavioral Health announces that Linda P. Ellis has joined the agency as chief operating offi cer.
• Scott Muir, director of Amelia Island Management, has earned the Certifi ed Manager of Community Associations designation from the National Board of Certifi cation for Community Association Managers.
The Progress Report features information about new hires, promotions, awards, expansions, signifi cant contracts or acquisitions and new products or services.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“ Good advertising works! Within two weeks of the release of the Chamber’s 2012 visitors and relocation guide, I received two calls. My ad included a 10% discount for non-profi t organizations and that is what prompted a new client to call. Keep up the good work wonderful Chamber staff! Thanks for all that you do.
– BARBI A. COYNE, HR BUSINESS CONNECTION May at the Chamber
Wednesday, May 2, 8:30 a.m. • Island Council Tuesday, May 8, 8:30 a.m. • Yulee Area Council
Wednesday, May 9 • Small Business Development Center offi ce hours
Thursday, May 10, noon • Board of Directors
Monday, May 14, 5:30 p.m. • Ribbon cutting at Dawn M. Grant Mental Training
Monday, May 21, 5-7 p.m. • Business After Hours
Monday, May 22, 8:30-11:30 a.m. & 1-4 p.m. • A Passion for Service: How to Win Customers & Reduce Lost Sales with Bill Drury
Tuesday, May 29, 8 a.m. • Health Care Council Wednesday, May 30, 8:30 a.m. • Government Affairs Cmte.
Meetings are open to Chamber members. For more information, visit www.islandchamber.com
. Events are subject to change.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR Tuesday, June 19, 8:30 a.m. • Member Benefi ts Breakfast
NASSAU BUSINESS MONTHLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
SAVING ENERGY means
SAVING MONEY. We Can Help Your Business
Do More of Both.
From upping operational efficiency to boosting your bottom line, see how FPU’s cash rebates and free energy resources can help you stretch your commercial energy dollar further than ever before.
Show energy waste who’s boss! Call today and schedule your Free Energy Check-Up. Or, ask how you can conserve energy (and get cash back!) with commercial efficiency upgrades.
961687 Gateway Blvd. Suite 101G Amelia Island, Florida 32034
ph (904) 261-3248 | fx (904) 261-6997 www.islandchamber.com
Nassau Business Monthly ©2012 Published by the Amelia Island-Fernandina Beach-Yulee Chamber of Commerce
DID YOU KNOW...
Consumers are 63% more likely to buy from a business if they know it’s a Chamber member.
PROMO: CD 12-40 O022712
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4