Parents: Please Teach Your Children...
of Operation Safe Child
Abide by the law and attend school every day. Be on time and be righteous. Correct mistakes and climb higher. Do the right thing and do your homework. Eat right and excel by trying for excellence. Flee bad situations and find something good to read. Go straight home and avoid gangs. Have a good attitude and help others. Ignore illegal drugs that are used by idiots. Jump for joy that you are good. Keep your conscience clean and keep promises. Lead in the right direction and look for ways to improve. Make money by studying and working.
Never lie, cheat or steal. Obey parents, teachers and police. Predict paying for wrong a long time. Quit giving excuses. Respect everyone and read as much as possible. Stay in school until you graduate from college. Try your best and treat everyone fairly. Use good character habits. Value yourself. Wait for the right time, work hard and watch out for strangers. X-ray your actions and attitude. Yearn to be right. Zoom high by reading, writing, computing and studying.
“Cherish the Children By Teaching Them the Truths They Need to Know”
7. Joining a gang causes trouble for your whole family. 8. Gang members and drug pushers have to pay lawyers, bail money and they lose whatever job they did have.
9. If a gang member and drug pusher starts using drugs then they are poisoning their body and poisoning their brain.
1. A person that joins a gang can expect to picked up by police and arrested within six months.
2. People are asked to join gangs in order for the gang to make money off of them. People are recruited to join a gang so that gangs can put them out on the street to sell illegal drugs.
3. Drug pushers do not earn big money. People on the street selling drugs earn about $3.50 per hour. Wal-Mart and McDonald’s workers earn more than $8.25 per hour. In other words, the lowest paid legal workers earn twice as much as illegal drug pushers and they don’t have to go jail for it.
4. Wearing a hat backward and tilted to one side is a gang sign and can get a person beaten up or shot because they are showing wrong gang signs. In other words, wear your hat straight and your pants up.
5. Gangs tend to recruit people who drop out of school, who are loners, who have been abused and who are very angry.
6. People who join gangs give away their future opportunities. They go to jail, get prison records, and then are prevented from getting good paying jobs.
10. If a girl joins a gang, several things happen. A girl gang member can except to become a paid or unpaid prostitute. She can expect to have a baby soon. She can expect to get a disease. She can expect to get incurable AIDS. She can expect to spend many years in jail. She can expect to remain poor for most of her life. Boys who join gangs can expect the same things.
BETTER CHOICES THAN GANGS Do It Right 1. Make friends with good people who not drag you down, but who will help you up.
2. Stay in school. Attend school every day. Get into after school activities and sports. Study.
3. Learn skills. Learn a trade. 4. The more education you get, the more you earn. 5. Go to college. College graduates earn $2,000,000.00 extra.
6. Get a job and then be a dependable worker. 7. Be honest. Use good character habits. 8. Be grateful. Focus on the positive. worship. 9. Always try to do the right thing. 10. People who do wrong pay for it a long time and pay for doing wrong in may more different ways than what they expect.
Thanks to the Mayor of Maywood and the Maywood Village Officials and Trustees for their help. Special thanks to the Maywood Police Department for their help and classroom instruction. Thanks to the Maywood-Melrose Park- Broadview School District #89 Administration and each principal for their very kind cooperation.
THE MISSION OF OPERATION SAFE CHILD Operation Safe Child is a collaboration between the Village of Maywood and the Maywood-Melrose Park-Broadview School District #89. The primary mission of Operation Safe Child is to keep children safe by teaching them what to do in dangerous situations such as abduction attempts, illegal drug activity, gang activity, and when they are home alone. Operation Safe Child also teaches children good character habits and to think critically about the ultimate end results of criminal activity. The purposes are to reduce crime in the community and to encourage the students to grow to become productive citizens. The Advisory Council for Operation Safe Child provides character instruction. Crime prevention instruction is provided by Officers from the Maywood Police Department.
Community Education Outreach (CEO) A 501c3 Educational and Civic Organization A New Solution for Communities in Crisis
Maywood, Illinois 60153
© Dr. Wylmarie N. Sykes, CEO Operation Safe Child 2011
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28