GLENCOE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE | 2011 COMMUNITY GUIDE
support, like help with finding a job, filling out governmental forms and paperwork and getting to various appointments. The services provided vary depending on the need of the individual. If you would like more information on YAP and the specifics of the program, please e-mail Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 847-835-3121.
FAMILY SERVICE OF GLENCOE Executive Director: Nancy Sutherland, MA, LCPC Village Hall
675 Village Court, 2nd phone: 847 835-5111
Floor email: email@example.com
web site: www.familyserviceofglencoe.org
Appointments available weekdays and evenings.
THE AGENCY Family Service of Glencoe is a non-profit community-based organization with a mission: to “Promote a stronger community and meet individual and family needs through services which identify, prevent and resolve social and emotional problems.” SERVICES
This Mission comes to life in an array of services:
• Counseling and psychotherapy services to individuals, couples and families, diagnostic assessment, information and referral.
• Alternatives to Violence Program, a Skills for Nonviolent Living group which is available to men who volunteer or have been mandated for a Partner Abuse Intervention group.
• Community Education programs designed for prevention and early intervention.
• Consultation and/or Employee Assistance Programs for organizations and businesses.
• Scholarship screenings for day care, Glencoe School District and Park District other recreational programs.
• Creation of the Glencoe Youth Council and Glencoe Parent Connection, fostering collaboration and connection between Glencoe Social Services, educators and faith communities, to promote the health and well being of Glencoe families and youth.
• Senior Housing Assistance in partnership with the Committee for Senior Housing Assistance in Glencoe.
• Emergency funds and vouchers for those in urgent need. Cooperation with local clergy and the Salvation Army for distribution.
• Crisis intervention in the form of an on-call, 24-hour/seven days- a-week partnership with the Glencoe Public Safety Department to dynamically and immediately intervene in the lives of some of our most vulnerable families.
• Emergency intervention and critical incidence de-briefing expertise in the event of a tragedy in schools, businesses or homes.
The Family Service clinical staff is composed of experienced, professional masters or doctoral level therapists with postgraduate training in one or more specialized area of practice. Service is provided to people of all occupations, interests, situations, religions, races and ages, children, teens, young adults, couples, single parents, families and senior citizens. Home visits are made when needed or appropriate. Sliding scale available for most programs.
EPISCOPAL The Church of St. Elisabeth Rev.: Daphne Cody 556 Vernon Avenue 847 835-0458 Sunday Services 8 a.m. & 10 a.m. firstname.lastname@example.org www.steglencoe.org
JEWISH Am Shalom Senior Rabbi:
Steven Stark Lowenstein Founding Rabbi: Harold L. Kudan Associate Rabbi: Phyllis Sommer Cantor:
Nancy Diamond Landsman Director of Religious Education: Judith Berliner
Executive Director: Edward M. Alpert 840 Vernon Avenue 847 835-4800
Congregation Hakafa Rabbi: Bruce Elder P.O. Box 409 847 242-0687 email@example.com www.hakafa.org
Congregation Israel Senior Rabbi: Steven S. Mason, D. Min. Associate Rabbi: Lisa S. Greene
Associate Rabbi: Wendi Geffen Cantor: David Goldstein FTA Executive Director: Serane Blatt Rabbi Senior Scholar: Herbert Bronstein Religious School Dir.: Dr. Roberta Goodman, RJE 1185 Sheridan Road 847 835-0724 www.nsci.org
St. Paul African Methodist Episcopal Church Rev.: Dr. Norris E. Jackson, Jr. 336 Washington Avenue 847 835-4421
Sunday Services 11 a.m. firstname.lastname@example.org www.stpaulamec-glencoe.com
Glencoe Union Church Rev.: David Wood 263 Park Avenue 847 835-1111
Sunday Services 10 a.m. email@example.com www.glencoeunionchurch.org
Presbyterian Church Rev.: Ju Hong Hwang 230 Beach Road 847 835-4385
Sacred Heart Church Rev.: Robert J. Heidenreich, Pastor Rev.: Avitus R. Kiguta, Associate Pastor Deacon: John Fay Deacon: Michael J. McNulty Deacon: Gerald Kennan 1077 Tower Road Winnetka 60093 847 446-0856 firstname.lastname@example.org www.shparish.com
UNITED METHODIST The North Shore
United Methodist Church Rev. Jenny Weber 213 Hazel Avenue 847 835-1227
Sunday Service 10 a.m. email@example.com www.nsumcglencoe.org
VILLAGE OF GLENCOE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, P.O. BOX 575, 847 835 3333, WWW.GLENCOECHAMBER.ORG
FAMI LY SERV ICE / HOUSES OF WORSHIP
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32