Bermuda ReUnderwriting Re Building Professional Expertise – NEW PROGRAM for 2012 March 20-21, 2012, Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel, Hamilton, Bermuda
Join us on March 20-21 at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess for the RAA’s Re Underwriting 2012: Building Professional Expertise with a brand new agenda that delivers an exceptional reinsurance underwriting program for reinsurance professionals.
Presented by the Reinsurance Association of America (RAA) in conjunction with the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers (ABIR) and the Bermuda Insurance Institute (BII), Bermuda Re Underwriting features distinguished industry speakers and a broad variety of substantive sessions that will enhance your underwriting knowledge and skills, and offers a chance to go one on one with some of the most influential minds in our industry today.
• The Bermuda Reinsurance Market from a Historical Perspective, with guest panelists Guy Hengesbaugh, EVP– Towers Watson; Brian O’Hara, former Chairman and CEO–XL Capital; and Robert Cooney, Managing Director–Aureo Partners Ltd.
• Claims: What Underwriters Need to Know examines the relationship between claims and underwriting professionals and how it influences underwriting decisions.
• Bermuda CEOs discuss a broad range of topical issues.
• Hydrofracking Risks and Opportunities describes hydraulic fracturing, the numerous and diverse environmental and health risks, and the related insurance and reinsurance implications.
• The Rapidly-Evolving Landscape of Cyber Risk explores new liabilities and risks, the market for these risks, and relevant case law and considerations for underwriters.
• Property and Casualty Small Wind Energy Exposures, Opportunities and Underwriting Considerations. • Traditional Retro versus ILS Solutions discusses the current and future state of the retro market. • New Developments in Catastrophe Modeling • Negotiation Skills Workshop - hands-on real world techniques to improve your skills. • Reinsurance Underwriting Skills and Emerging Issues Website Tutorial • Mock Arbitration Exercise
Who Should Attend • Insurance and reinsurance underwriters • Contract writers • Claims and accounting professionals • Attorneys specializing in reinsurance • Regulators/staff • Other professionals from the primary insurance and reinsurance sectors
Members of ABIR and the BII receive a special Association Partner registration rate. Contact Ann-Marie Mwombela at Mwombela@reinsurance.org
or at 202.783.8385 with questions about the program or help with registration.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5