MARCH 2012 exhibitions
• Rising Dragon: Contemporary Chinese Photography. KMA will present an exhibition of photography produced over the last 10 years in China. 3/25-9/2, Tues-Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun, 12-5pm.
Lazarus Gallery of United Hebrew of New Rochelle www.uhgc.org
• A Feast For The Eyes: A Food- Themed Art Exhibition. A dynamic exhibition which features artwork rep- resenting food in unique and creative ways. On view through 4/8, 9am-5pm.
Mamaroneck Artists’ Guild www.mamaroneckartistsguild.org
• 7 Visions. A spotlight show featuring the work of Mitchell Visoky, Annette Lieblein, Julia Sperry, B.A. D’Alessandro, Deborah Petrucci, Terry Kessler Schwarz, and Cary Thorp Brown. On view through 3/3, 12-5pm.
Museum of Arts and Culture www.dbmac.org
• Musings: The Beginning of an Epic. An exhibit of works by Marie Hines Cowan. 3/8-4/5, Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm; Tues, Thurs, 7-9pm.
Neuberger Museum of Art www.neuberger.org
• American Vanguards: Graham, Davis, Gorky, de Kooning, and Their Circle, 1927-1942. Showcases more than sixty works of art. On view through 4/29, Tues-Sun, 12-5pm.
• Focus on Milton Avery. Four paintings by Milton Avery are now on view. On view through 5/6, Tues-Sun, 12-5pm.
• Visionary Sugar: Works of Kiki Smith. Exhibition of new, multi-media work by internationally acclaimed artist Kiki Smith. On view through 5/6, Tues-Sun, 12-5pm.
New Rochelle Council on the Arts www.newrochellearts.org
• Fabric of America - Quilting our History. Focuses on quilts and stories interpreted in fabric in the intricate and richly designed original works of Pelham Quilters and guests. 3/13-4/27, Fri, 3-7pm. Sat, Sun, 2-5pm.
OSilas Gallery at Concordia College www.osilasgallery.org
• Drawing the Mind: Neural Networks and the Emergence of Complexity. The artists in this exhibition trace mental states and patterns of thought through their drawings. On view through 4/14,Tues, Wed, Fri, 12-5pm; Thurs, 12-7:30pm; Sat-Sun, 2-5pm.
Ossining Arts Council www.ossiningartscouncil.org
• Eyes of March - Visions of Spring. Small works heralding the arrival of spring. At Briarcliff Manor Public Library. 3/1-3/31, Mon, Wed, 10am-6pm; Tues-Thurs, 10am- 8pm; Fri, 10am-5pm; Sat, 10am-4pm.
Pelham Art Center www.pelhamartcenter.org
• Separation Anxiety: Exhibition. This multi-media exhibit examines the various facets of parenthood. On view through 3/31, Tues-Fri, 12-5pm; Sat, 10am-4pm.
Sarah Lawrence College www.sarahlawrence.edu
• “Possibilities/Energy Paintings” Art Exhibit Reception. Rosalind Brenner, a poet and painter of energy. At Esther Rauschenbush Library. 3/24, 3pm.
• “Possibilities/Energy Paintings” Art Exhibition. A visual art exhibit featuring paintings from the poet and painter, Rosalind Brenner. At Esther Rauschenbush Library. On view through 5/20, Mon-Thu, 8:30am- 8:30pm; Fri, 8:30am-7pm; Sat, 11am-6- pm; Sun, 11am-8:30pm.
EXHIBITION@ArtsWestchester SCULPTURE: On and Off the Wall
On View: 3.31.12 - 5.20.12 This exhibition features pieces from Westchester’s most established sculptors alongside its talented rising-stars. The 17 exhibiting artists engage a variety of themes through a diverse range of styles and mediums: monumental to miniature, figurative to abstract, steel to porcelain.
For more information go to www.artsw.org/sculpture
or call 914-428-4220 x330
Plank, Mari Ogihara Part of Aculpture: On and Off the Wall
• Nueva Luz Photographs: 1985-2011. Exhibit features artists published in the past 26 years in En Foco’s Nueva Luz Photographic Journal. On view through 3/7, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun, 10am-4- pm.
Westchester Arc www.westchesterarc.org
• Zooming Right In. The show exhibits photography or short videos represent- ing something special in the artist’s world. 3/3, 9am-1pm.
Westchester Community College Center For The Arts www.sunywcc.edu/arts
• Sean Hemmerle: Nodes. Sean Hemmerle is an award-winning New York-based photographer. At Westchester Community College Center For The Arts. On view through 3/9, Mon- Thurs, 9am-8:30pm; Fri, 9am-4pm; Sat, 9am-12:30pm.
White Plains Public Library Foundation www.whiteplainslibrary.org
• Michael Albert and his Pop Art. "Pop Cubism & Epic Works" including large scale citrographs. Artist reception on 3/17, 3pm. On view through 4/30. Mon, Wed, 10am-9pm; Tues, Thurs, 10am-6- pm; Fri, Sat, Sun, 1-5pm.
Westchester County Business Journal • ARTSWNEWS
Apply to become an ArtsWestchester TEACHING ARTIST!
Foster collaborations, network with other artists and become eligible to conduct residencies in school and community sites throughout the county.
PRE-APPLICATION WORKSHOP: March 14 @ 5pm
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 30
For more information go to www.artswestchester.org
or call 914-428-4220 x313
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16