A Letter to our Customers - from K & B Bathrooms
As many of you are aware we have closed our Hamilton Road showroom and advertised accordingly to promote our move to new premises on Martlesham Business Park. The relocation had been agreed on 7th November 2011, solicitors had been instructed and a handshake to 'seal the deal'. With both sides agreeing to complete, aiming for the start of the lease at the end of January 2012.
By mid December the landlords solicitors were being slow to move forward with the agreed lease, meanwhile we were busy removing the showroom at Hamilton road ready to hand back to our existing landlord for the end of December, this was done as per the plan.
After the Christmas shutdown we checked for progress on the lease and spoke to the letting agent over the next ten or so days to find out what
was happening, the agent?contacted us on Friday 20th January to explain that he had got to the bottom of the delaying process, it was explained that another retailer on Gloster Road had also been in the process of negotiating a new lease and that they had concerns about our imminent presence, the letting agent expressed his dissatisfaction about this news explaining that this same retailer had been negotiating long before we had agreed with the landlord to?lease a unit, the agent was not happy with the 'tail wagging the dog' and would speak to the landlord first thing Monday.
On Monday 23rd January the agent contacted us to say that the landlord would not make a decision with regards to K & B leasing the unit!
We obviously needed to move forward on this, so we contacted the other retailer directly in an attempt to find out what concerns they had and to see if we could resolve the situation, during the course of the conversation became clear that they had been negotiating their lease for approx 12 months and that they did not want to have another competitor on the estate, even though K & B trade to a different market sector.
At this point we felt we should contact the landlord directly, appealing for him to honour the deal
we had struck in November especially as he was fully aware of negotiations with the other retailer and the potential damage to our business and our customers confidence.
The response we received was an apology for the inconvenience and frustration but at this point he could not lease the unit to us due to the risk / pressure of losing another tenant on the business park.
Finally the reason for releasing this letter is to explain to all our past present and future customers why we have no presence on the High Street or Business Park etc...
K & B are still trading, we have not disappeared into the ether! We are presently trading from a temporary address,
obviously we are not happy with the
situation we find ourselves and we are disappointed with the way events have unfolded.
At K & B, we still offer the same levels of service and quality that our
customers have come to expect, home visits will be more of a feature and we will carry on tailoring our service to you the customer. Please watch out for the new advertisements for any updates and our new contact details.
We are also in the process of creating a new website so keep an eye out for news on this project. We were also considering a bit of rebranding so maybe now is a good time to do that! Watch this space.
Things happen for a reason in life so perhaps this was meant to be! When one door closes another will open, so we are told!
Thanks for your time Kevin & Brenda (K&B)
Please mention the Flyer when responding to advertisements. www.flyeronline.co.uk
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16