Jan/Feb 2012 www.temevalleytimes.co.uk
A proper local paper! Serving the Local Area since 2006
FIRST BIG CLOSURE IN OVER 100 YEARS
PRIVATE TUITION ENGLISH AND MUSIC
Need a cab? All vehicles under two years old
For local cabs in and around Tenbury Wells, pay the fare out and you will only pay half fare back (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm)
'We’re going places' One-seat to seven-seat vehicles
Available in Tenbury Wells and surrounding areas including Ludlow, Leominster, Bromyard, Martley, Abberley, Clows Top and Cleobury Mortimer.
How is it for you? How is the bridge closure is affecting you: Longer trip to work? Impressed by the efforts local businesses are making? Using the Shuttle Bus? Enjoying the Loyalty Scheme? Can't get to the shops? Business down? Shopping somewhere else? Whatever it has meant to you, please let us know!
, or write to The Editor, Teme Valley Times, PO Box 11, Tenbury Wells, WR15 8YP.
RUSCOE & HAYES
LIMITED Call or visit us at:
40 Teme Street Tenbury Wells WR15 8AA
Tel: 01584 810322 Fax: 01584 811532
Also at Ludlow 01584 872421 & Craven Arms 01588 672776
The main bridge into and out of Tenbury closed to traffic at 10am on Monday 9th January, 2012, the time having been prearranged to reduce inconvenience. As seen in the photo, the BBC were there to film the moment, for broadcast that evening on Midlands Today. Central News came a couple of days later, providing more publicity for the closure. The last time Teme Bridge closed for an
extended period was in 1908, when it was widened to cope with Edwardian traffic levels. At that time the old ford was reopened, providing an alternative route for various purposes, such as livestock travelling between the railway station and Tenbury's busy market. Back in 1908, Worcestershire County Council bought Eastham Bridge. Built in the 1790s,
large firm experience - small firm prices www.dykeruscoe.co.uk
accountants and business advisers Specialists in:
• Accounts • Audit • Tax • VAT • Payroll • CIS • Business Projections and Forecasts • Inheritance Tax Advice • Company Secretarial • Incorporation Business Tax and Planning • Tax and VAT Returns • SAGE Specialists
• Competitive rates and OAP discount • Dog and cat sitting • Dog walking • Dog boarding • Small pet care • Cleaning of litter trays, providing fresh food and water • FREE initial consultation – for compatible pets and pet sitters
• MOST IMPORTANTLY – The security that your pet is in capable and safe hands website:
and.. Tel: 01584 819907 itsnotadogkennel.com
ALL MEMBERS OF OUR TEAM ARE ANIMAL LOVERS, ARE CRB CHECKED, HAVE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES RELATING TO ANIMALS, AND EXPERIENCE IN CARING FOR PETS
this had been a privately-owned toll bridge for over 100 years, but the County Council took it over and abolished the toll, providing an additional publicly-owned crossing. Teme Bridge links Tenbury to the A456 trunk
road in Burford so it's not only a key route into the town, it's also used by traffic making through journeys such as Clee Hill to Bromyard and Leysters to Cleobury Mortimer. It has been closed for strengthening works, so 44 tonne trucks will be able to travel through Tenbury for years to come. A £50,000 fund to safeguard the town's
economic vitality has been put in place by Worcestershire County Council and Malvern Hills District Council, featuring initiatives such as a shoppers' £1000 monthly draw. See inside for more details!
AIRPORT TRANSFERS All UK airports
- business or pleasure Individuals or up to 7 passengers
• We will meet and greet you at airport arrival - no extra charge!
• Flight delay or early arrival we will track your flight online and be there as you arrive - no extra charge!
• Weekend Flights - no extra charge!
• Early morning / late night flights - no extra charge! • Airport parking - no extra charge! • NO upfront pre-flight deposits!
Fixed price, so you can make your financial and travel plans without any hidden expenses
07920 200715or07812 602210 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Cliff or John
or email@example.com www.cliffslade.co.uk
CliffSlade JohnMoore Going on holiday? Weekend break? Need your pet walking whilst you’re at work?
Don’t fret pet! We are here to provide you with the peace of mind that your furry friend(s) are in the safest of hands, in their own familiar surroundings and routine, while you are away.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24