and will continue to fall. The trend is towards more, better and cheaper services because that is where competition among the big players drives the market. With barriers to entry all but disappearing, the cost of promoting whatever you wish to promote is approaching zero at a pretty fast rate. No more expensive video production budgets. DIY or low cost services will abound. Easy to follow How-to information will be easily and inexpensively to come by, thereby slashing budgets to a barest minimum.
Let’s now relate these trends to the latest survey results of online viewing behaviour.
Mobile (tablet and smart phone) users are “better” viewers:
• Mobile viewers watch more of any video than desktop (including laptop) viewers.
• On average, mobile viewers watch videos 28 percent longer than desktop viewers.
• Desktop viewers just about beat mobile viewers for videos of under 3 minutes length.
• For videos of over 3 minutes, viewers definitely prefer to use mobile devices (tablets and smart phones).
For your online video strategy in 2012 and beyond, this means:
• Create HD videos (for Youtube, make them at least 720p).
• To achieve maximum exposure for your marketing videos, keep them short.
• If you create videos that are longer than 3 minutes, you must optimise them for mobile viewing.
Copyright © 2012 BigVideosForYou.com
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22