Win 2 nights accommodation at the Umi Hotel in London
Some University facilities, like the library, are available to Alumnni for life
Now you’ve read the magazine why not enter our competition for the chance to win a break in London with two nights accommodation at the Umi Hotel, Notting Hill, owned by alumnus Steve Lowy.
and Services Online community From reductions on hotel accommodation to money-off private health care, magazine subscriptions and sports and theatre tickets, joining our online community gives you access to a wide-range of discounts and exclusive offers. On the website you can also update your personal information, register for events and keep up-to-date with University and alumni news. www.salford.ac.uk/alumni
Fond Memory Friday Fond Memory Fridays are available on almost any Friday throughout the year. We offer you a complimentary lunch for your whole group, plus a campus tour from one of our current Student Tour Guides. We cater for all group sizes and have some great rates with local hotels if you require local accommodation. So all you need to do is get your group together and pick the Friday that’s best for you! www.salford.ac.uk/alumni/reunions
for more information.
As an alumnus you can use the Library, Sports and Leisure Centre and the Careers service for life! You can also book University space to hold meetings, rehearsals, conferences or entertaining. To access any of these facilities, all you need is a valid Alumni Card*. For more information, please visit: www.salford.ac.uk/alumni
*Please note: charges apply for using some of these services.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – search for Salford Alumni
34 Alumni Magazine 2011
9. Which two honorary graduates received awards “in recognition of outstanding achievements as a musician”?
10. Name three University facilities that are available for use by alumni.
Please email your answers to the questions below to email@example.com
, typing ‘QUIZ’ as the subject heading.
Alternatively you can enter online at www.salford.ac.uk/alumni/quiz
All submissions must be received by Friday 27 January 2012.
The entrant with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and notified by Friday 3 February 2012. Where there is more than one person with the same number of correct answers a draw will be held.
1. Which important physicist’s former home has the University recently acquired?
2. How many mini-screens are there in “The Egg” at our MediaCityUK building?
3. Which 5 countries have over 1,000 Salford alumni residing there? 4. Which MP visited the University in January? 5. In what year is the University’s new Arts’ Building due to open?
6. How much have the School of Computing, Science and Engineering been awarded by the Wellcome Trust to fund their work into the transmission of parasitic disease?
7. How many Salford graduates undertook placements as part of the Graduate Gateway scheme?
8. In which two years did alumnus Niki Birrell win gold medals for Sailing at the World Championships?
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36