HELPFUL TIPS ABOUT GREENHOUSE FILMS
Fold Methods Installation Hints
• When installing, make certain the film is placed on top of the greenhouse according to the folds.
Double-Wound Sheet GT: Gusseted Tube
• The film should be installed during the early morning hours (cooler without wind). • Do not stretch the film on hot days as it will contract when cool and may weaken. • Static air pressure between the two layers should be between 0.2 and 0.4 inches of water on a manometer.
• Use outside air to inflate as it's less humid and less likely to contain chemicals.
• Avoid direct spraying of chemicals on film surfaces.
• Paint all metal and wood surfaces touching the poly with white latex paint. Never use oil-base paint. Do not use chemically treated lumber.
Double Fold LF: Layflat
• Avoid contact with PVC and vinyl. • Smooth the surface of metal and wood parts. • Use only repair tape recommended for poly.
Manometer TDF: Tubing Double Folded
CSTF: Center-Slit Tubing Folded
A manometer is a simple device for measuring air pressure between two layers of poly. You can make one out of a piece of wood, 1/4" clear plastic tubing, and a ruler. The key rule of thumb is to inflate the poly to 1/4" of water. This means that in the “U” shaped plastic tube with water in it, the water on the side toward the poly is 1/4" lower than the side away from the poly. At this level, the poly will be approximately 12" to 16" apart at the center on wide greenhouses and 4" to 6" on more narrow ones.
1/4" ID Plastic Tube Clamp
GS: Center-Slit Gusseted
WF: W-Fold Sheet or M-Sheet
1/4" Water Difference
Plywood with 1/4" Lines
Poly Accessories BFG also offers a variety of poly accessories.
FT: Layflat Tubing CF: Centerfold
• UFGS: U Fold Center Slit Gusseted Sheet • UFT: U Fold Tube
See page 36 for more information.
Prices and availability may vary by location. Prices are subject to change without notice. Minimum quantities may apply
Prices and availability may vary by location. Prices are subject to change without notice. Minimum quantities may apply.
BFG Supply Co. (800) 883-0234 | Toll Free Fax: (800) 645-6126 | www.bfgsupply.com
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19