10 - November 18, 2011 | Hudson - Litchfield News
Infant Jesus School invites you to our O
Enterprise Bank Honors Excellence
by Len Lathrop In what can
Recipients of the Community Service of the Year
Meet the principal, take a tour, and see what we're all about!
November 30, 2011 9:30am - 11:00am
Infant Jesus School
snow date: Thursday, December 1st - same time Excellence in Catholic Education for over 100 years!
Infant Jesus School is a Pre - K through 6th grade elementary school which offers a rich and broad educational program with a wide range of extracurricular opportunities.
3 Crown St., Nashua 889-2649 www.ijschool.org
In the Business of the Year, representatives of Jackson Lumber & Millwork and Whittemore Company with presenter Gino Baroni
Award was Bridget Shaheen of Lazarus House and Charlotte Costello Lapierre of the Lowell Sun Charities with COE Judge Guy Campbell
now be called a tradition, Enterprise Bank honored 10 businesses and individuals for their commitment to the community. At the third celebration over 1,500 people watched as they were exemplify for what they do. Business of the Year Jackson Lumber & Millwork, Lawrence, MA; and Whittemore Company Inc., Lawrence Entrepreneur of the Year Richard F. Hadley, Jr., EnviroTek USA Inc., Tewksbury, MA; Frank H. Cann, Jr., F.H. Cann & Associates, North Andover, MA; and Coffee Cann Café, Lawrence. Nonprofit of the Year
Challenge Unlimited Ironstone Farm, Andover; D’Youville Life & Wellness Community, Lowell, MA.
Community Service Award Lowell Sun charities,
Lowell; and Bridget Shaheen, Executive Director, Lazarus House Ministries, Lawrence. Educator of the Year
GIFT OF MUSIC 4 Lesson Intro
$65.00 Gift Certificates Music & Voice lessons
Rosita Lee Music Center 136 Lowell Rd, Hudson, NH
Brian Hooper of MSA Mechanical System is surrounded by Dr. Desh Deshpande and George Duncan as he receives the George Duncan Award of Excellence.
Michael Delahanty, Superintendent of Schools, Salem
George Duncan Award for Excellence MSI Mechanical Systems Inc., Salem
As in the past those invited guests were treated to cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvres and welcomed by the Enterprise employees as soon as you touched the sidewalk at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium. The keynote speaker, Chris Gardner, re-solidified the characteristics that the Celebration of Excellence creates with his story of insurmountable odds over which he triumphed. An entrepreneur and the real-life inspiration for the Will Smith Oscar® nominated film, The Pursuit of Happyness. His story of homelessness to Wall Street success moved most was he explaining that his son was going to know him as his father. With 18 branches in Greater Lowell, the Merrimack Valley and Southern New Hampshire, our readers can see the Enterprise Bank’s community banking operations in their year old branch in Hudson and soon their Pelham office, or of course any of their other branches.
Te Educator of the Year Salem NH Superintendent Michael Delahanty
Great Gift Baskets & Gifts for New England Fans!
• Fresh & Silk Centerpieces • Wreaths & Swags • Santas, Snowmen • Unique Ornaments • Nativity Sets
•Wall & Mantel Decor • Boxwood Trees
•Tabletop Trees • Taper Candles • Gifts for the Gardener • Great Men’s Gifts •Hammond’s Candies
demade Holiday Wreaths from 12" to 60"
Oulr Owun Kissing Balls Roping Balsam, Laurel, White Pine
Custom Made to Order Also! Wi t-Pr f
FREE Christmas Coloring Book with any purchase
While supplies mlast, one per person, with coupon 175 Lowell Rd, Rt. 3A, Hudson
We cut, wrap with netting, & tie trees upon request!
603-886-5200 2011 Annual
First 1” Snowfall Contest Entry Form (Snowfall date must occur after Thanksgiving) Name _____________________________________
Address____________________________________ Phone Number ______________________________
The First 1” Snowfall will be on: _______________Month__________________Day
Signature___________________________________ Postmark Deadline: Wednesday, November 24, 2011
Mail or drop off to: Area News Group, 17 Executive Dr. Suite 1, Hudson, NH 03051
Winners Divide all Sponsor Prizes! 1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Entry form must be filled out in its entirety and signed. Mail entry to: Area News Group, 17 Executive Dr. Suite 1, Hudson, NH 03051 or it may be dropped off at the News office.
3. Deadline to enter – Wednesday, November 24, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. (NO ENTRIES AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED.)
4. The first 1” snowfall occurring AFTER Thanksgiving, as measured in the special collection barrel located in a secure area at the Windham Fire Department, will be the winning date. All entries with that date will be consid- ered finalists.
5. In the event that entries are not received for the winning date, all entries for the day before (if the snowfall is before noon) or the day after (if the snowfall is after noon) will be finalists.
6. Winners’ names will be published in the newspaper issue that follows the First 1” Snowfall after Thanksgiving. Be sure to check your paper weekly!
7. Winners will be asked to visit the Area News Group office to receive their prize.
8. Entrance into this contest implies your permission for your name and/or photo to appear in the newpaper.
9. Contest is open to communities serviced by the Area News Group.
Owners and employees of the Area News Group and their immediate families are not eligible
p r e
Balsam & Fraser Firs
Fresh Cut Trees
Photos by Kevin Harkins Photography
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16