12|Feature ANDHRA PRADESH
Projects Info | 31 October - 6 November | 2011
Focus on PPP projects to drive opportunities in the days to come
Over the past decade, Andhra Pradesh has emerged as one of India’s fastest growing states with respect to parameters of GDP and per capita GDP. Andhra Pradesh dominates infrastructure development in India with a strong focus on PPP projects. With decadal GDP growth of 56.2 per cent and per capita GDP growth of 43.9 per cent, Andhra Pradesh now has the sixth highest per capita GDP amongst all states. According to the AP Chief Minister, the nation should take into account the supremacy of Andhra Pradesh in PPPs where 214 projects worth Rs 81,000 cr have already been issued and 78 more, with worth Rs 31,000 cr, are in the pipeline. Chandrashekhar Modi discusses the ongoing and upcoming business opportunities in the state, which is highly focused on infrastructure development
To create a market driven environment with the private sector being the primary engine of growth Industrial Infrastructure Development Fund of $ 37.23 million has been created to provide infrastructure to industry.
Andhra Pradesh has com- pleted numerous success- ful projects under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) and has the credit of being the first state government to have the Infrastructure Development Enabling Act
leader in infrastructure growth in the country,
(IDEA). Visakhapatnam port as the largest port with enhanced cargo handling capacity and development of ports in the private sector at Gangavaram, Krishnapatnam, Nizampatnam and Kakinada is rapidly fuel- ing the industrial growth in the state. Hyderabad and
patnam are becoming the nerve centres for manufactur- ing, Information technology, Tourism and Services and are home to several Institutes / Centres of Excellence in Research & Development, Education, Hospitality and Governance. The Average economic growth
rate for the period 2001-02 to 2007-08 is 7.45%. Andhra Pradesh is among the largest producers of food grains, fruits, vegetables, cotton, maize, dairy and poultry products in the country. It has been net exporter of many agro products. The State is home to many large Public and Private Sector companies. Operationalisation of the first
green field International Airport of the country at Hyderabad is one more feather in the cap of Andhra Pradesh. Proximity to International Airports at Chennai, Bangalore from sev- eral districts of Andhra Pradesh just adds to the overall indus- trial growth in the state. Andhra Pradesh also holds the distinction as a dynamic state with the first international Fab City in India. The new 8-lane Outer Ring Road, more then 42 Special Economic Zones, a number of IT and ITeS indus- tries, Universities, Research Institutes, massive irrigation projects and 10 new seaports form part of rapid infrastructure
development of the State. Andhra Pradesh has the most transparent and proactive and
Investment destination states in India with the Industrial invest- ments in the state crossing
Andhra Pradesh Road Develoment Corporation – Project Update
PPP Projects under Implementation:
• Second bridge across river Godavari near Rajahmundry including approach roads connecting East & West Godavari Districts. Total Project Cost of Rs. 808.00 cr. - Length in Km - Bridge 4.20 km approaches 11 KM - Concession period 25 years.
• Hyderabad - Karimnagar - Ramagundam Road (Rajiv Rahadari). - Length in Km - 207 Kms. - Total Project cost of Rs.1358.19 Cr. - Concession period - 25 years.
• Narketpally - Addanki - Medaramitla Road - Length in Kms - 213 km - Total Project cost of Rs. 1196.84 Cr. - Concession period - 24 years.
PPP Projects under Pipe Line:
• Puthalapattu - Naidupet Road from Km 59/0 to 116.83. Length in Km - 58 Kms. - Total Project cost of Rs. 306.00 Cr.
• Up-gradation and Improvement of road from Nellore to Gooty Road via Badvel - Mydukur - Rayalacheruvu. Length in Km - 194 Kms. Total Project cost of Rs. 962.00 cr
• Up-gradation of road from Anakapalli to Anandapuram (SH- 38) via Sabbavaram. Length in Kms - 48 Kms. Total Project cost of Rs. 455.00 Cr.
• Up-gradation of road Gundugolanu - Devarapalli - Kovveru. Length in Kms - 68 Kms. Total Project cost of Rs. 531.00 Cr.
investor friendly government. It Is 2rd among the top 10
Rs.123.5 billion during the last three and half years. The State
page 12-19 Fea ure.in
dd page 12-19 Feature.in
10/25/2011 10:39:14 PM 10/25/2011 10:39:14 PM
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8