Finish Your Feast With a Thanks-Worthy Treat
This cobbler gives you all the deliciousness of a decadent
chocolate molten cake without all the fuss — a perfect end to your Thanksgiving dinner. To truly enjoy it, top with vanilla ice cream.
2 sticks butter 1 1/4 c sugar 1 1/2 c self-rising flour 1 tsp vanilla 3/4 c milk
Chocolate layer: 1 c sugar
6 tbsp cocoa powder 2 c boiling water
DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, melt the two sticks of butter in the oven. Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the 1 1/4 cups of sugar, flour, vanilla and milk.
3. Once the butter is melted pour the batter over the but- ter, but do not stir.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa and remaining sugar together and sprinkle on top of batter. Do not stir. 5. Pour the 2 cups of boiling water on top of that (don’t stir) and bake for 30-45 minutes or until crust is brown. 6. Serve warm with ice cream.
TAG, YOU’RE IT: Get Crafty This Holiday
What you’ll need:
n Glue spots, pop up-medium n Double-sided tape (permanent) n Photo corners (clear) n Foam mounting tape n 12-inch rotary paper trimmer n Scallop decorative edge scissors n Zig Zag decorative edge scissors n 12-inch metal ruler n 12-inch x 12-inch cutting mat n 5-inch precision tip scissors n Retractable #1 knife n Corner rounder punch n Eight 12-inch x 12-inch coordinating scrapbook papers n Christmas words and greetings scrapbook paper n Various metal accents/embellishments n Assorted brads (circles, stockings, snowflakes, etc.) n 6-inch lengths of various coordinated ribbons n ¼-inch diameter paper punch
See step-by-step photos of this recipe and thousands more from other hometown Americans at www.justapinch.com/chocolatecobbler
1. Cut various size tags. Use decorative edge scissors or corner rounder punch to shape tags.
2. For tag layers, use 12-inch rotary paper trimmer to cut coordinating papers into pieces that vary from ¼- inch to 1- inch smaller than base tags. Similarly shape these layers with decorative edge scissors or corner rounder punch. Leave some rectangular if desired.
LAKESHORE HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY!
From Nov. 1–Dec. 31, readers have a chance to win a free Lakeshore Learning Store holiday prize pack worth more than $145. Filled with games and toys to keep kids engaged over the holiday break, the prize pack includes the following favorites: Te Allowance Game, the Classroom Keepsake Portfolio, the Magnetic Color Maze, the Best-Buy Play Food Assortment and the Lakeshore Magnetic Fishing Set. You’ll find all of these products and much more at the new Lakeshore Learning Store at 27500 Chagrin Blvd., Beachwood. Enter online at NEOhioFamily.com
by signing up for Family magazine’s Parent Power e-newsletter, where you will receive all the details on how to win.
6 FAMILY MAGAZINE
3. Use metal ruler, 12-inch x 12-inch self-healing cutting mat and retractable #1 knife to cut out words/phase strips from greetings paper.
4. To attach layers double-sided tape or for rectangular shapes, use mounting cor- ners to mount top layers. Use paper punch to make hole in one end of each tag. Add brad or use ribbon as follows: cut 6-inch- length ribbon, fold in half and thread fold through hole in tag from front to back. Pass ribbon ends through loop and pull up so loop is snug on tag. Trim ends.
5. Attach word/phrase strips with foam mounting tape for dimension or with mounting corners. Add embellishments using glue spots.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32