The appalachian tri-state node experiences
11. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons with Co-Occurring Disorders. DHHS Publication No. (SMA) 05-3992. Rockville, MD: SAMHSA; 2005.
12. Cornelius JR, Clark DB, Salloum IM, et al. Interventions in suicidal alcoholics. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2004;28(5):89S96S.
13. Salloum IM, Daley DC, Cornelius JR, Kirisci K, Thase ME. Homicidal behavior in drug abusing psychiatric patients*reply. Am J Psychiatry. 1997;153:888889.
14. Salloum IM, Daley DC, Cornelius JR, Kirisci L, Thase ME. Dispropor- tionate lethality in psychiatric patients with concurrent alcohol and cocaine abuse. Am J Psychiatry. 1996;153(7):953955.
15. Daley DC, Douaihy A. Addiction and Mood Disorders. New York: Oxford University Press; 2006.
16. Daley DC, Salloum IM, Moss HB, FitzGerald D, Kirisci L. Aftercare treatment entry and adherence rates among discharged psychiatric in patients with and without substance abuse comorbidity. (unpublished data).
17. Daley DC, Zuckoff A. Improving Treatment Compliance: Counseling and Systems Strategies for Substance Use and Co-occurring disorders. Center City, MN: Hazelden; 1999.
18. Daley DC, Salloum IM, Zuckoff A, Kirisci L. Increasing treatment compliance among outpatients with depression and cocaine dependence: results of a pilot study. Am J Psychiatry. 1988;155:16111613.
19. Kemp A, Kirov G, Everitt B, Kayward P, David A. Randomized controlled trial of compliance therapy. Br J Psychiatry. 1988;172:413419.
20. Daley DC, Salloum IM. Improving treatment adherence among patients with comorbid psychiatric and substance use disorders. In: O’Connell D, Beyer E, eds. Managing the Dually Diagnosed Patient: Current Issues and Clinical Approaches, New York: Haworth, 2002:4772.
21. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Managing Depressive Symptoms in Substance Abuse Clients During Early Recovery: A Treatment Improvement Protocol #48. HHS Pub No. SMA 08-4353. Rockville, MD: SAMHSA; 2009.
22. Wells EA, Saxon AJ, Calsyn DA, Jackson TR, Donovan DM. Study results from the Clinical Trials Network’s first 10 years: where do they lead? J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;38(suppl 1):S14S30.
23. Leshner AI. NIDA in the 90s: (19942001). Drug Alcohol Depend. 2010;107:99101.
24. Tai B, Straus MM, Liu D, et al. The first decade of the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network: bridging the gap between research and practice to improve drug abuse treatment. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;38(suppl 1):S4S13.
25. Kelly T, Douaihy A, Daley D. Effectiveness of motivational incentives programs with dual disordered patients. Poster presented at the AAAP 20th Annual Meeting and Symposium; December 36, 2009; Los Angeles, CA.
26. National Institute on Drug Abuse. The Science of Addiction Treatment: Dissemination of Research Based Drug Addiction Treatment Findings. Rockville, MD: SAMHSA; 2008.
27. Hien DA, Campbell AN, Ruglass LM, Hu MC, Killeen T. The role of alcohol misuse in PTSD outcomes for women in community treatment: a secondary analysis of NIDA’s Women and Trauma Study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2010;111(12):114119.
28. Back SE, Brady KT, Sonne SC, et al. Symptom improvement in co- occurring PTSD and alcohol dependence. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2006;194: 690696.
29. Hien DA, Wells EA, Jiang H, et al. Multisite randomized trial of behavioral interventions for women with co-occurring PTSD and substance use disorders. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2009;77(4):607619.
30. Hien DA, Jiang H, Campbell ANC, et al. Do treatment improvements in PTSD severity affect substance use outcomes? A secondary analysis from a randomized clinical trial in NIDA’s Clinical Trials Network. Am J Psychiatry. 2010;167(1):95101.
31. Erickson SJ, Tonigan JS. Trauma and intravenous drug use among pregnant alcohol/other drug abusing women: factors in predicting child abuse potential. Alcoholism Treat Q. 2008;26(3):313332.
32. Sonne SC, Nunes EV, Jiang H, Tyson C, Rotrosen J, Reid MS. The relationship between depression and smoking cessation outcomes in treatment-seeking substance abusers. Am J Addict. 2010;19(2):111118.
33. Sindelar JL, Olmstead TA, Peirce JM. Cost-effectiveness of prize-based contingency management in methadone maintenance treatment pro- grams. Addiction. 2007;102(9):14631471.
34. Olmstead TA, Sindelar JL, Petry NM. Clinic variation in the cost- effectiveness of contingency management. Am J Addict. 2007;16(6):457 460.
35. Olmstead TA, Sindelar JL, Petry NM. Cost-effectiveness of prize-based incentives for stimulant abusers in outpatient psychosocial treatment programs. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2007;87(23):175182.
36. Pinto RM, Yu G, Spector AY, Gorroochurn P, McCarty D. Substance abuse treatment providers’ involvement in research is associated with willingness to use findings in practice. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;39(2):188194.
37. Guydish J, Jessup M, Fajima B, Manser ST. Adoption of motivational interviewing and motivational enhancement therapy following clinical trials. J Psychoactive Drugs. 2010;Suppl 6:215226.
38. Campbell BK, Tillotson CJ, Choi D, et al. Predicting outpatient treatment entry following detoxification for injection drug use: the impact of patient and program factors. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;38(suppl 1):S87 S96.
39. McCarty D, Fuller B, Kaskutas LA, et al. Treatment programs in the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008;92(13):200207.
40. Tross S, Hanner J, Hu MC, Pavlicova M, Campbell A, Nunes EV. Substance use and high risk sexual behaviors among women in psychosocial outpatient and methadone maintenance treatment programs. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2009;35(5):368374.
41. Hartzler B, Donovan DM, Huang Z. Comparison of opiate-primary treatment seekers with and without alcohol use disorder. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;39(1):114123.
42. Brown ES, Tirado C, Minhajuddin A, et al. Association of race and ethnicity with withdrawal symptoms, attrition, opioid use, and side- effects during buprenorphine therapy. J Ethn Subst Abuse. 2010;9(2): 106114.
43. Brooks A, Meade CS, Potter JS, Lokhnygina Y, Calsyn DA, Greenfield SF. Gender differences in the rates and correlates of HIV risk behaviors among drug abusers. Subst Use Misuse. 2010;45(14):24442469.
44. Meade CS, Weiss RD, Fitzmaurice GM, et al. HIV risk behavior in treatment-seeking opioid-dependent youth: results from a NIDA Clinical Trials Network multisite study. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010;55(1): 6572.
45. Subramaniam GA, Stitzer ML, Woody G, et al. Clinical characteristics of treatment-seeking adolescents with opioid versus cannabis/alcohol use disorders. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009;99(13):141149.
46. Brown LS, Kritz S, Goldsmith RJ et al. Health services for HIV/AIDS, HCV, and sexually transmitted infections in substance abuse treatment programs. Public Health Reports. 2007;122(JulyAugust):441451.
47. Ball SA, Martino S, Nich C, et al. Site matters: multisite randomized trial of motivational enhancement therapy in community drug abuse clinics. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2007;75(4):556567.
48. Carroll KM, Ball SA, Nich C, et al. Motivational interviewing to improve treatment engagement and outcome in individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse: a multisite effectiveness study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2006;81:301312.
49. Hubbard RL, Leimberger JD, Haynes L, et al. Telephone enhancement of long-term engagement (TELE) in continuing care for substance abuse treatment: a NIDA Clinical Trials Network (CTN) study. Am J Addict. 2007;16(6):495502.
50. McLellan AT. Congratulations on the 10-year anniversary of the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trial Network*now, what’s new for the coming decade? J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;38(suppl 1):S1S3.
51. Nunes EV, Ball S, Booth R, et al. Multisite effectiveness trials of treatments for substance abuse and co-occurring problems: have we chosen the best designs? J Subst Abuse Treat. 2010;38(suppl 1):S97S112.
52. Reid MS, Fallon B, Sonne S, et al. Smoking cessation treatment in community-based substance abuse rehabilitation programs. J Subst Abuse Treat. 2008;35(1):6877.
53. Carroll KM, Martino S, Ball SA, et al. A multisite randomized effective- ness trial of motivational enhancement therapy for Spanish-speaking substance users. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2009;77(5):993999.
M&B 2011; 2:(1). July 2011
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64
| Page 65
| Page 66
| Page 67
| Page 68
| Page 69
| Page 70
| Page 71
| Page 72
| Page 73
| Page 74
| Page 75
| Page 76
| Page 77
| Page 78
| Page 79
| Page 80
| Page 81
| Page 82
| Page 83
| Page 84
| Page 85
| Page 86
| Page 87
| Page 88
| Page 89