INT E R IORS
background colour of the wallpaper and then centralise the two strips of wallpaper in the alcoves - this creates vivid impact at a fraction of the cost of wallpapering the whole wall. • Hang the wallpaper horizontally across the wall, leaving a vivid strip of paint colour between each strip of wallpaper. • Wallpaper behind your bed - wallpaper from just under the top of the bed to the ceiling or create a ‘headboard’ with the wallpaper and some cornicing or beading.
Ideas for using wallpaper other
than on the walls Thinking of using wallpaper in your home other than on the walls? Like to create a wow factor with wallpaper? Do you want the fl exibility of being able to change the wallpaper frequently? A little nervous of using wallpaper and want to get used to a little wallpaper fi rst?
Fabulous wallpaper can be expensive. Read our tips on how to make a little go a long way.
1. Place a long strip of wallpaper horizontally along your kitchen splashback and protect it with glass
or perspex. It will be so fabulously individual and different.
2. Wallpaper a piece of furniture, for example, a chest of drawers, a table top or the inside of a wardrobe. Apply two or three coats of clear varnish (not polyurethane as it will yellow it) to protect the wallpaper. Eclectic Interiors in Castlecomer Estate Yard has some wonderful examples of wallpapered furniture for sale.
3. Use wallpaper to provide visual interest at the back of some shelving or in a glass-fronted unit or dresser.
4. Wallpaper within the panels of your interior doors. This looks amazing, especially if the panels are a reasonable size within the door. Place wallpaper within large frames such as Ikea’s large Ribba frames or within some panels and place on the walls. Another advantage of this is that they are easy to change whenever you get bored of them. You could have matching wallpaper within the frames and on the inside of your wardrobe - all for the cost of one roll of wallpaper!
5. Use wallpaper panels to designate an area, such as the dining area, in an open plan apartment or ground fl oor.
6. Place a strip of wallpaper horizontally along the wall, either at eye level or at the level of the top of the sofa/unit/ chairs.
Above all - have fun and enjoy your decorating.
CHARISMA BLINDS 52 High Street, Waterford T: 051 858488 www.charismablinds.net
ORMOND SOFT FURNISHINGS Ballinakill Centre, Dunmore Road, Waterford T: 051 820830 www.ormondsoftfurnishings.com
THE MIRROR GALLERY Unit 15, Tramore Road Business Park, Waterford T: 051 591656 www.mirrors.ie
EDWARD NOLAN FURNITURE Unit 3 Cessna Avenue, Airport Business Park, Killowen, Co Waterford Tel: 051-878701
OWEN MAHER KITCHENS Mullagh, Carrick-on-Suir, Co Waterford Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A wallpaper panel (such as this Designers Guild 'Ornamental Garden' panel print) creates plenty of impact.
Alice wallpaper in mustard by Mini Moderns is a beautifully retro wallpaper and they have designed mugs and cushions that co-ordinate with it. €49 per roll at www.garrendennylane.ie
A large scale wallpaper such as Tea Anyone by Elegantly Deviant with the design fi lling the 130 cm width of the wallpaper would work wonderfully as 2 wallpaper panels. Available online at www.garrendennylane.ie
Wallpapering inside the panels of your interior doors adds a different dimension to the room.
Lorna Sixsmith is the owner of the Online Home, Gift and Online shop at www.garrendennylane.ie
. Visit Lorna’s blog at www.garrendennylane.ie/blog
for lots more decorating and home décor tips. You can also follow Garrendenny Lane on facebook and twitter.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44