Board of Selectmen Paul L. Federici, Chairman James D. Driscoll Enrico John Villamaino III
TOWN OF EAST LONGMEADOW RULES AND REGULATIONS
IT IS FORBIDDEN:
1) To damage, injure, deface or destroy any property, including but not limited to any tree, shrub, plant, rock, building, structure of any kind or artifact.
2) To litter, deposit trash or any other materials, except within containers provided therefore.
3) To deposit or dispose of any household or commercial refuse or debris of any sort.
4) To post or display signs placards or any other advertising devices. 5) To solicit contributions.
6) To remove any bench or any other municipal property from the premises.
7) To possess or consume alcoholic beverages.
8) To park, operate or drive any motor vehicle (including but not limited to: automobile, truck, motorcycle, motorbike, mini-bike, snowmobile, ATV, go-cart, 4-wheel drive vehicle) upon any part of the Rail Trail, except as otherwise provided herein.
9) To allow a dog on the Rail Trail unless the dog is under the immediate control of the person walking the dog.
10) To hit golf balls.
11) No radio, musical instrument, tape player or other sound amplification devise shall be operated in a manner that significantly interferes with the enjoyment of the Rail Trail by other members of the public.
12) To erect or maintain a tent, shelter, camp, lodge or other structure. 13) To play any game or sport.
14) To disobey any legal request or order of the Police or any agent or employee of the Town of East Longmeadow.
15) To use or possess a firearm explosive device, bow and arrow, blowgun, sling shot, B.B. gun, paintball gun, pellet gun, spear or trap or any other such device.
16) The Rail Trail is open for recreational use between the hours of sunrise and sunset unless otherwise posted.
17) Helmets are required by State Law for riders 16 years old and younger. All other bicycle riders are encouraged to wear protective headgear.
18) Emergency motor vehicles and maintenance motor vehicles and motorized wheelchairs are allowed to use the Rail Trail as long as they are operated in a safe and proper manner.
19)Walk, run, jog, bicycle or rollerblade on the right side of the path and, before passing, alert others by bell, horn or verbally.
Published in the East Longmeadow Reminder Publications on ______________________, 2011.
The Rail Trail will be closed during inclement weather and from November 1 to March 31 and will not be maintained by the town. However, residents may use the trail for non-motorized winter activities such as cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and the like at their own risk.
Any incidents or accidents occurring on the Rail Trail should be reported directly to the Police Department by dialing 911 or if of a non-emergency matter call the Police Department at (413) 525-5444.
Rail Trail maintenance problems should be reported to the Department of Public Works at (413) 525-5400.
Violation of these rules and regulations may result in your loss of the privilege to use the Rail Trail being suspended or revoked in addition to any other penalty set forth herein.
The Board of Selectmen or its designee may, after a written request for a waiver of any of the above rules and regulations, grant said request where the health, safety and welfare of the public or intended purpose of the Rail Trail is found not be adversely affected.
Any person violating any of the above rules and regulations shall, in addition to any other civil or criminal penalty, be subjected to a fine of $25.00 for first offense, $50.00 for the second, $100.00 for third and subsequent offenses.
Persons using these premises and properties do so at their own risk.
The Rules and Regulations may be enforced by means of a non-criminal ticketing procedure as set forth in the Town By-Law adopted pursuant to G.L. c. 40, s. 21D.
These rules and any amendments shall take effect upon approval by the Board of Selectmen and publication in the East Longmeadow Reminder Publications.
Adopted by vote of the Board of Selectmen this __________________ day of _________________, 2011.
Town Administrator Nick Breault
Telephone 413-525-5400 x1100 Fax 413-525-1025
The Board of Selectmen, pursuant to the East Longmeadow By-laws, hereby makes and publishes the following rules and regulations for the use of the Rail Trail.
Page 18 APRIL 25-MAY 1, 2011
For news & advertising call 413-525-6661
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22