C OLLABORATING “Partnership working continues to be a major strength of the College” Ofsted 2008
Our work with Employers
“Very good links with employers and land-based industries” Ofsted 2008 Our strong links with local employers and close working relationship with stakeholders such as Test Valley Borough Council ensure that we continue to offer services that meet the needs of our local employers. Key for 2009/10 was:
• working with over 1200 people in the logistics industry to deliver new qualifications to help improve their service and skills.
• working with Jobcentre Plus to help the long term unemployed obtain new skills to enable them to return to work and pursue new career paths.
The National Aquatics Training Centre at Sparsholt College Hampshire being called in by Chester Zoo as part of a conservation and breeding programme to care for ten critically endangered Anderson’s Salamanders.
• working in association with Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service and Rural Safety Signs to collectively devise a ‘first’ in Equine Fire Safety.
• 1,360 business delegates attending short programmes or management courses.
• Westley Business Solutions establishing itself as a key training provider for businesses with the Winchester and Andover communities.
Andover College working with the University of Winchester to undertake an MBA (Masters in Business Administration) ‘taster’ day for the local business community with a view to establishing the demand for a local MBA programme.
Chamber of Commerce events hosted throughout the year on both College campuses.
• working with Hampshire County Council to develop and deliver a new ‘school escort’ programme to 330 of their staff. •
Hosting the College’s first Construction Employers forum to show case the construction department and students to a number of local companies.
12 Annual Report 2009/10
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20