Aerial view of Pembroke Dock in May 1943, taken from a Sunderland of 461 Squadron.
RAF Pembroke Dock in 1943 showing the Dockyard railway extension.
The two main hangars are rare B Types and are both listed. There were only three hangars of this type built in Britain, though others were built in Gibraltar and Singapore. The eastern hangar (1934) has been restored and similar work has just been completed on the western one (dating from c 1938). Each could accommodate three Sunderlands. A single T2-type hangar, erected in 1943 near the pickling pond, has since been re-clad.