Dale gives its name to the peninsula which shelters the entrance to Milford Haven. At Mill Bay, just inside the harbour entrance, Henry Tudor landed in 1485 on his way to gaining the English crown at Bosworth Field. A lighthouse has dominated St Ann’s Head since 1713, while Dale Castle is a relatively modern private house, not open to the public. Like the Angle Peninsula across the water, the Dale Peninsula has long been fortifi ed against the threat of seaborne invasion, and there are numerous sites of military signifi cance still evident; in the village itself, what appear to be council houses were actually built as accommodation for service personnel. Dale is fortunate in having an active local history group which has done a great deal of valuable work, identifying and recording the history of many sites which would otherwise have been forgotten.