Cilshafe Wood (SM 979364): In 1941 a greenfield site was set aside here for the use of mobile heavy anti-aircraft guns to defend both the harbour at Fishguard and the mine depot at Trecwn.
Mynydd Craig-lwyd (SN 000330): Very little remains of the WWII searchlight battery that was based at Llain-wen, manned by units of 77 S/L Regt. RA. At one time, however, the concrete bases of seven huts were clearly visible, together with four smaller concrete bases and a single circular emplacement. Of a second searchlight battery at Craig Lwyd, no traces are now discernable.
Llanychlwydog (SN 035366): Ffordd Bedd Morris was the site of a WWII High Frequency Direction Finding Station used to track the position of aircraft. There were two three-storey wooden HF/DF towers but few traces of the complex now remain.
The photo of Mynydd Craig-lwyd, Llain-wen searchlight battery shows from left to right - a light anti- aircraft machine gun weapons pit, a circular searchlight emplacement and associated bases for the accommodation huts.