EGLWYSWRW village is strategically sited on the turnpike road from Cardigan to Newport and Haverfordwest; it was formerly noted for its ancient coaching inn, the Sergeants Arms, where the petty sessions was held. Te community includes a large area of the northern slopes of the Preseli Hills.
Frochest (SN 141392): Situated on a lane to the north of the village, this was the site of a Women’s Land Army Hostel, constructed in 1940. Te complex originally consisted of a combined ablutions and accommodation block, an accommodation hut, a Laing hut, garage and implement stores. Several of the buildings have been renovated and are now privately occupied.