12. Woodburn Hall was named after: a. a former governor of S.D.
b. a former member of the Board of Regents c. a student bonfire in the 20s d. a former BH president
13. KBHU-FM (the campus radio station) first went on the air in:
a. 1905 b. 1935 c. 1974 d. 1985
14. What is the current enrollment at BHSU?
a. 1001 b. 2822 c. 3382 d. 4004
15. What student organization recently hosted it's 25th annual wacipi?
a. Global Awareness Committee b. Lakota Omniciye c. Fantastic Phalanges d. Checkmates Chess Club
16. What annual summer event, held on the BHSU campus, draws participants from around the world?
a. Renaissance Festival
b. Johanna Meier Opera Theatre Institute c. Olympics d. Firewalking Festival
17. What were the school colors before they were green and gold?
a. green and white b. they’ve always been green and gold c. maroon and white d. purple and gold
19. A trailer park was located at the sight of what current building on campus?
a. Jonas Hall
b. Heidepriem Hall c. David B. Miller Yellow Jacket Student Union d. Donald E. Young Sports and Fitness Center
20. When was band first a part of BHSU?
a. 1903 b. 1889 c. 1978 d. 1990
21. What is the economic impact of the BHSU students on the local economy?
a. $100,000 b. $1.8 million c. $2.7 million d. $27 million
Do you know your alma mater? Check your answers on pages 10 and 11.
18. The Young Center was named after Donald E. Young because he was:
a. an alumnus b. a former mayor of Spearfish c. a coach and teacher at BHSU d. all of the above
Black Hills State University Alumni Magazine Page 7
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36