4 - July 2, 2010 Salem Community Patriot
Obama Needs Positive Action
The Word Around Town... Letters to our Editor
They say, “You get what you pay for!” We Americans are hardly getting much from our elected President and Democratic officials. Some examples of this misadventure in policy making are Obamacare and the BP oil clean-up. One, they do not read the health bill and pass it with price tag of over $1 trillion and less coverage for most Americans with a bill for increased taxes. The lack of preparedness in the Gulf region to contain the oil spill. The employment is just growing in big government and unemployment in private business. Housing refinancing is slow with 35 percent of all old mortgages going in a second default. These much-elected Democratic representatives that now are outraged about the oil spill, including Obama, received money to win their elections from BP Oil Company (the pot calling it black)—friends indeed. Are they serious about cleaning up the oil spill? Why are we creating big government jobs and not creating more private jobs? Why are banks holding back from loaning money to small businesses unless it is government guarantee funds? Why are more foreclosures on homes still increasing across the United States, even after a mortgage guaranteed by the government? More increased federal debt? Will the Congress enact a few loopholes in the new version of financial reform bill pending? Will Congress enact a new $50 billion debt to bail out the wasteful states of this country? How much more can the American taxpayers be expected to bear, with $13 trillion stimulus money owed primarily to countries like China? This can lead to a socialist-dependent country! It is a design for the future! This does not include Social Security debt owed by the government. Every time Obama has a problem, he appoints
a study committee and a new bureaucrat liberal czar to think about the problem and control another part of America. This President and many of the elected officials either do not care or do not know what they are doing. It seems they just feel they have the right to spend whatever and tax the people. Almost all the elected people are millionaires, and it will not hurt in their family budget or future. (Had enough—it is time for a change!) They need and want people dependent on them to survive. The Lord knows President Obama is walking a tightrope when it comes to Iran and North Korea.
Based on his past performance since elected, it has to be a real concern for America. As a weak President, these countries will take advantage of us as a free society. His support of our friends in Israel is very important in the coming months. Obama needs to stop embarrassing the American people by bowing to other so-called allies, like Saudi Arabia and China—countries that want to destroy our freedom and replace it with a socialist society or communist state of dependence.
Ed Brooks - Salem Misuse of Funds
Salem’s Board of Selectmen lately has reminded me of the old joke: What is the difference between Ignorance and Apathy? The punch line is: I don’t know and I don’t care. If you have been watching, you have seen the Selectmen raid the Water and Sewer funds for $140,000 for putting fiber-optic cable to the Water Treatment Plant and the DPW Building. There are two problems with this. The first is that even though they could have asked for the voter’s permission in March, they decided they did not care what you thought and just took it out of reserves. The second problem, and more importantly, is they are using $70,000 from the water and sewer fund for the DPW Building, which, in my opinion, is a misuse of those funds. When I first asked why they were doing this, they said it was because the DPW Manager was also the Acting Utility Manager. After I pointed out how silly this answer was, they have come up with a new silly answer. They are now saying that everyone has to pay their “fair share.” When I asked how the DPW Building was the fair share for the water and sewer fund, they have refused to explain their logic. I believe they are using this money because it does not count against the bottom line that the voters approved. If they had used tax dollars from the General Fund, they would have cut something else since they never requested this money from the voters. I believe that those that help make the laws
we live by should follow not just the letter of the law, but also the spirit. The Selectmen are doing this because they do not expect anyone to use their own money to take them to court. The only power we have is to find a couple of new Selectmen next March that believe they should not do this sort of thing. This is the kind use of the
Water and Sewer Reserves that have contributed to the recent huge increases in the utility rates.
Stephen Campbell - Salem
Friday & Saturday 9am-4pm
Including KID’S SUMMER CLASSES Call or e-mail for details
Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machines and Sergers - Only authorized Viking Dealer in greater Salem area -
Quality Quilting and Clothing Fabrics
any 1 (one) Item of Christmas Fabric, Book or Pattern
15% OFF Valid until July 31st. Limit one coupon per customer.
HIGH + DRY ROOFING Free Estimate
30 Years Experience
Call Mike 429-0328 or
Cell: 494-8761 "People Look Up To Us"
Purse Snatching Suspects Sought
submitted by Police Captain Shawn Patten On Sunday, June 27, at 4 p.m., Salem police responded to
Shaw’s, located at 92 Cluff Crossing Road, for a report of a purse snatching. The victim, a 32-year old female, told officers she was putting groceries in her vehicle when another car with two male subjects pulled up and stole her purse out of her carriage. Prior to the theft, a male subject walked up to the victim and asked her for a couple of bucks for gas, and she gave him a dollar. The male suspect who asked her for money was in the passenger seat of the suspect vehicle. The suspect vehicle is described as a red Honda Civic with a partial registration of 292. The incident remains under investigation, and anyone with info is asked to please call the Salem Police at 893-1911 or the Southern NH Crimeline at 893-6600. The suspects are both white males— one is described as five feet, six inches; 150 pounds; short, dark hair; and a goatee.
Immigrant Issue Solution
After my last letter, many people called my reference to illegal immigrants as “crimigrants” racist. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Crimigrants are Irish, Russian, Chinese, Brazilian,
Iranian, and every other nationality and race on earth. Crimigrant refers to the truth that they break our laws simply by being here. Most add to this by stealing our identities, creating fraudulent identities, and manufacturing false identification— which is fraud to a U.S. citizen. The fact is, the Mexican government sees this as a way of getting their indigent off their welfare system and onto ours. This also expands the probability of a “North American Union” eliminating the U.S. Constitution through a de facto new government entity, which supersedes our laws. For a solution to the immigrant issue, take the following steps: 1. Secure the border with a fence, motion detectors, and cameras, with Border forces to enforce, arrest, detain, and deport immediately any violators.
2. Enforce current employment laws, putting CEOs and HR Directors in jail for violations and corporate fines in the millions. eVerify exists today for employers to demand real documents from employees.
3. Invite the current “undocumented” crimigrants to become documented with their real identity and country affiliation for a work visa. If the crimigrant has been here for years, set a $2,500 fine per year here as part of this process. This could be assessed as a five-percent fee on their wages for it to be worked off over time. Work visas would be valid for up to five years.
4. All crimigrants who falsely obtained welfare and housing for free would be assessed $10,000 for each fraudulent year and have this paid over time as well. They can also elect to be deported instead and be eligible to reapply for a work visa after five years.
5. All normal employment taxes would apply to their wages.
6. At the five-year period, the crimigrant has the choice of getting a Green Card and following the normal process to citizenship and voting. Those who
have not assimilated to English after the five years are ineligible for Green Card status, but can remain as a work visa person.
7. The “anchor baby” law is repealed, as is the attached family clause, allowing these people to bring families in at will. Families can be admitted, given the new worker signs off on a contract saying they will not be eligible for government support for five years.
8. All will be checked for disease. Third World diseases like TB and polio have flared here after years of dormancy due to sick illegals coming in.
9. Reduce the legal immigration legal nightmare into a smoother, less lawyerly process. People do need to be checked before entry.
10. Increase the ability for people of means and intellect to come here permanently. This level of innovation exists here because of our freedoms. Other countries are jealous of our freedoms, which create innovation and wealth, and rather than permit such freedoms in their countries, restrict ours instead. America has always had immigration issues, as we have seen. It is necessary to create a balance between bringing in new blood for a vibrant economy, creating new innovative and wealth, while reducing reliance on government for people to live. All countries have immigration laws; some, like Mexico’s, are draconian. What we don’t want is to simply import the losers of the world and create a haphazard group of multilingual, Balkanized states supported by taxpayers for simply existing. There are many other items to discuss, but
let’s seek real solutions like these versus the political ones Obama favors so he can gain votes and power for his party while screwing all real Americans.
Bill Weimar - Salem
Love your other newspapers visit our & at areanewsgroup.com
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12