10 reasons to love working at Emap
1. Never get bored (there is a ton of opportunity to do different stuff: different roles, different industries, different locations)
2. Matter from day one (while Emap is large, the team you work in will be small, so you will have an impact from day one)
3. Be proud of who you work for and the work you do (we are committed to achieving our goals, but to doing it in the right way, in line with our values)
What it is like towork here
As a market leading media business targeting companies from Harrods to HSBC to Christian Dior, there is a constant requirement within Emap to be energetic, creative, driven and seriously smart whether you are heading up a sales team, producing an event, writing the news or predicting next year’s trends.
Throughout the business there are always opportunities to be visible. From brain storming sessions to special projects, you can demonstrate your ideas and your initiative.
Whatever your chosen field experts from all sectors, products and job roles sit together in one huge open plan converted factory so there is always someone at hand to answer your questions and listen to your thoughts.
The culture is informal and entrepreneurial. It is full of brilliant, ambitious and sometimes eccentric people who care passionately about their brands.
Our commitment to you
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organisation, crucial to its success; so we make sure that we train, develop and reward you well.
Training and development starts from day one with a combination of on-the-job training and external training courses tailored to your individual needs.
When you join Emap you will be allocated a ‘buddy’ who will help guide you through your first few months and be a point of contact for any queries, however large or small.
Emap has a high performance culture, in order to make sure you are on track and being the very best you can be, you will have regular meetings with your line manager to set objectives, review your progress and celebrate your achievements.
During your first few months at Emap you will also attend various meetings and presentations from key leaders in the business, such as your division’s Chief Executive Officer and Emap’s Chief Executive, David Gilbertson.
By working at Emap you will become part of a community of dynamic and ambitious people. We regularly celebrate the success of our teams. Each month we have a Star of the Month award which recognises outstanding performance. The award winner is rewarded with a cash prize and a trophy. We also have the annual Emap Awards which celebrate individual and team achievements.
4. Talk to Sir Phillip (Top Shop and the Arcadia Group), Andrew (Balfour Beatty), and Norman Foster (our brands sit at the heart of their markets so you’ll be working with industry leaders from the beginning)
5. Keep learning (from daily coaching to formal training you’ll constantly be challenged and developed)
6. Be rewarded for your success (we pay for performance, give bonuses and promote quickly)
7. Travel the world (we do business in 200 countries, have offices in 14 and every brand benefits from a global reputation)
8. Do good (we take our commitment to the environment, and business and local communities seriously)
9. Play (from football and netball teams to bands and pub crawls, there is always something to join)
10. Discover business
What you can be
Energetic, creative, driven and seriously smart.
Journalist Analyst Producer Designer Developer Seller Marketer
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8