about this site is that it is social with several tools to help inspire you and your students to
complete the project.
• ScriptFrenzy -Another social contest like NanoWrimo, except you have to complete 100 pages
of a script during April. You may write any type of screenplay, stage play, TV show, short flm,
comic book, graphic novel, or adaptatons of novels. You also have the opton of doing this
with your students and borrowing Alpha Smart Neos if you register by February 28th.
• One Word - You are given one word and sixty seconds to write about it. When you are fnished,
you have the opton to publish this to your blog or on Facebook.
• Write Rhymes - htp://www.writerhymes.com/students who are writng poetry can fnd more
words that rhyme! Check out Kelly Tenkely’s blog post for creatve ways to integrate this tool
into a lesson!
• Word Magnets - Mix text up and create new stories, poems, and more. You have a variety of
backgrounds and graphic organizers to choose from. Visit Nik Peachey’s post for more ways to
use this amazing tool!
• Penzu - A free place to keep a journal or your writngs. You can choose to make them public or
keep them private with encrypton codes.
• Character Chart - This chart will help your students fesh out their characters.
• Seventh Sanctum - This website provides 100s of generators for helping with creatng Anime
characters to fnding plots for your movie or story.
• Cliche Finder - Are you searching for a cliche but only remember a word? Try this search engine.
• The Story Starter - Another generator that provides a sentence to get you started with your
• Creatvity Tools - Find more generators, including a fantastc tool to help you come up with
realistc names for characters. This generator asks for specifcs like the census year and gender.
• How to Create a Writng Challenge Using Google Docs - This video and blog post will show you
the tools that can help you create a writng challenge for your students.
• 49 Free Online Reference Tools for Freelance Writers - If you haven’t found what you are
looking for check these resources, which include a variety of dictonaries such as the slang
• Is That A Narratve in Your Pocket - Several Iphone Apps for digital storytelling.
If you or your students are musicians or just like music, then these resources will be helpful.
• BlipFM - If you like to fnd new music or share music, then this social site is for you. You can
dedicate the music to people on Twiter, Facebook, Myspace, and more! You can listen to my
• Youtube Instruments - Play the guitar, piano, organ and many more instruments on Youtube.
Music lovers will love this channel of interactve instruments. Try playing the Youtube Piano.
• Notefight - An online editor that helps you compose complicated songs on sheet music! Read
more about Notefight and other online music editors here.
• LilyPond - Free musical notaton sofware that has so many features, including being
compatble with MAC, pc, and Linux. Read about this amazing sofware here!
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57