AcQuire / Bui LD
Profitable Niche comPaNies
• Small business represents 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
• Small business employs just over half of all private sector employees.
• Small business pays 44 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
• Small business has generated 64 percent of net new jobs over the past 15 years.
• Small business creates more than half of the nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).
• Small business hires 40 percent of high tech workers (such as scientists, engineers, and computer programmers).
• Small business is 52% home-based and 2 percent franchises.
• Small business made up 97.3 percent of all identified exporters and produced 30.2 percent of the known export value in FY 2007.
• Small business produces 13 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms; these patents are twice as likely as large firm patents to be among the one percent most cited.
We who live in free market societies believe that growth, prosperity and ultimately human fulfillment, are created from the bottom up, not the government down. only when the human spirit is allowed to invent and create, only when individuals are given a personal stake in deciding economic policies and benefiting from their success -- only then can societies remain economically alive, dynamic, progressive, and free. Trust the people. This is the one irrefutable lesson of the entire postwar period contradicting the notion that rigid government controls are essential to economic development. Ronald Reagan, captain of Free enterprise
“There’s a lot more business out there in small town America than I ever dreamed of.”
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12